Technology + Business Cards = Awesome..!

S

Squiddy

So I was just on the MOO website... it turns out they have now put microchips into business cards that allow you to interact with smart phones! I think that's pretty awesome...

http://uk.moo.com/nfc/

Anyone seen/got/been given/used one of these before?

NFC tech is super cool and has a tangible benefit for things like credit cards but other than the cool factor, nfc business cards won't have any more benefit than a web address or a qr code on the card itself.

Yeah, you're right - I wonder what the costs will be like... probably quite high.

It does ultimately seem like a lot of effort to go to just to save people typing in a web address or doing a similar action, I'm of the same opinion with QR codes too.

As much as I love nfc it's still too expensive and not really popular enough in the UK, except on your bank cards.

You can buy programmable (from what I can tell anyways) stickers that you can add your 'nfc' data too but they're at least 10 quid for 4 and then you need an android/windows 8 (and symbian I believe) phone with nfc to write/read it... good old apple still behind the times, but we all know it will be new and magical when it is added to the iPhone lol

NFC can actually hold just as much data, if not more than a qr code, so all the usual addresses, telephone numbers, web and email.

Also in my opinion nfc is better than qr codes in that you don't even need to take your business card out of the holder or line up a camera for ocr/qr reading which is much easier in 'meet and greet' situations. It is literally hover phone over nfc card and it should read it (assuming it's enabled on the phone), just like the 'contactless' bank cards (you probably have one already, just look for a 'wifi' type logo on the card).

Levi, is that picture of yours that cow boy off that annoying song 'Gangnam style' you have had that picture for ages. Sure that song has only come out, well I have only just experienced it anyway.

What is this Gangnam Style I keep hearing about..? I swear I'm the only 22 year old who has no idea what people are talking about when this is brought up in conversation.....

Levi, is that picture of yours that cow boy off that annoying song 'Gangnam style' you have had that picture for ages. Sure that song has only come out, well I have only just experienced it anyway.
yep... the elevator bit hence the number next to it... it's the time in the video :) And people say I have no sense of humour :p

What is this Gangnam Style I keep hearing about..? I swear I'm the only 22 year old who has no idea what people are talking about when this is brought up in conversation.....
Squiddy you should do, I posted the video agggeeeesss ago lol
From the 'what are you listening too' thread - 1st August...
psy - gangnam style

I knew about it well before it became 'popular' in the UK.... got to love a bit of stupid k pop :)

Oh and if you think the original is bad... just watch this... its the 'alternative' version with Hyuna (the girl from the train carriage) being the lead 'singer' :)

Hyuna's version has been nicknamed the pikachu version lol

oh and then theres the first game too with a pretty cool 'remixed' version

http://onemorelevel..../gangnam_runner

It certainly made me chuckle Levi. :) It came on TV the other, I was watching it and noticed the cowboy in lift, I thought sure I have seen his face before!

Back