TBV Header Quotes Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenonsoft

Hi all,

A mate of mine is looking for a header for his unique site TheBlueVoice.co.uk.

This isn't technically a paying job, but he's offering 6 months free ad space, I hope that's ok with you Damon. The site will get a lot of hits, as it's backed by the SUFC chairman and all Southend fans know of TBV.

Here's 2 efforts he had designed by a mate for him, personally I don't like them and they don't live up to the high standards set by the site. These are shown below:

http://graphics.xenonsoft.co.uk/images/tbv_banner1331.png

http://graphics.xenonsoft.co.uk/images/tbv_banner2332.png

I don't really like these kind of jobs to be honest as I don't always feel Designers get a good deal, hence the "Paying Jobs Only" stipulation. Most successful designers will also be too busy with paying jobs so won't even entertain this.

However, to help you out and just in case somebody has some spare time.
1) Where will the advertisement space offered be positioned on his site?
2) How big will it be?
3) How many unique visitors does the site receive now?
Until these questions are answered I don't expect you will get any takers.

Personally I think the 2 designs shown are half decent. Anyway, answer the above and lets see if anybody is interested.

P.S: If he is a friend surely you can squeeze him for 12 months advertising :icon_smile:

All good questions Damon.

Personally I would have thought the deal to be reasonably good, of course dependent on the answer to your questions. For a few hours work the designer gets a lot of exposure for their business/freelance site, I would hazard a guess that the advertising would cost more than would be charged for the header.

I don't actually know the answer to any of those 3 questions as I can't contact him now, but I would assume that it's at the bottom of the page as currently located, which is 728x90.

Regarding the unique visitors the site gets, at the moment people aren't supposed to know that the site is accessable, I only found out about the site through a poorly disguised link in his signature on a Southend forum, placed for SEO purposes. Of course I'll try and find out the answer to these 3 questions though.

If you think that the better designers on here wont be interested, we can close this thread and I'll have a go myself.

:icon_thumbup:

Try and find out the details at some point, we'll leave the thread up as you never know who may be interested.

Good luck :icon_smile:

I don't really like these kind of jobs to be honest as I don't always feel Designers get a good deal, hence the "Paying Jobs Only" stipulation. Most successful designers will also be too busy with paying jobs so won't even entertain this.

However, to help you out and just in case somebody has some spare time.
1) Where will the advertisement space offered be positioned on his site?
2) How big will it be?
3) How many unique visitors does the site receive now?
Until these questions are answered I don't expect you will get any takers.

Personally I think the 2 designs shown are half decent. Anyway, answer the above and lets see if anybody is interested.

P.S: If he is a friend surely you can squeeze him for 12 months advertising :icon_smile:

I would be interested in designing you a header for this site depending on the answers to the above questions of course. :icon_smile:

Sorry sneblot, this was a while ago and now no longer needed. Cheers anyway.

Damon, if you read this you can delete/lock the thread, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back