Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattooing?...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by bigdave, Jan 30, 2012.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Whilst being tattooed last week I thought:

"Why am I paying this man quite a lot of money to colour my arm in? I could do that!"

A few hours later I was the proud owner of this little lot:

[​IMG]

I had been drinking prior to ordering and now realise I have absolutely no idea how to actually tattoo but seems as I've paid for it I'm going to try and learn!

Question is......

... Who's first?!?... :icon_lol:

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

AT the risk of sounding like a nob, are you serious? :icon_biggrin:

I've got a couple of tattoos I've had for a while, but now I don't think I could trust anyone to produce anything typographic permanently on my skin. If the kerning's off I'll have to look at it every day.

Maybe start a niche tattoo business inking typographically perfect designs onto other designers? :icon_tongue_smilie:

3. bigdave

Thats a good idea!! Thing that got me thinking about tattooing is that the tattooist who's working on my arm has messed up a few lines and while they're not bad, I know I wouldn't do that.

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Bringing a whole new context to the name Bleed Ink.

5. bigdave

haha. yeah, although I dont think Id be offering a professional tattoo service any time soon! lol..

6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

That's just what I was thinking!!

7. Katedesign

One of the dangers of drinking, have a credit card and being on the internet...
    What's the worst thing you've bought? Bigdave must be up for first prize unless you can do better!!

8. bigdave

I'm notorious for buying stupid stuff when drunk!

Some of my best buys from the past 10 years (in no particular order)
    • Tattoo equipment
    • A BMX (that was very recently)
    • 20 t-shirts all of the same design and size (all too small)
    • £200 pool cue
    • Mold your own penis kit
    • Record player (I have no records)
    • Engagement ring

9. Katedesign

Definitely a prize winner!

Does the item depend on how drunk?

Have you used any of them?!!

10. bigdave

Usually it just depends on what I've been talking about whilst getting drunk. Then once drunk, it's all down to what I think is a good idea.

for example the t-shirts were a "buy in bulk and sell them on to make some money".... nobody wanted them! Oh and the mold your own penis thing was a great valentines gift idea!... We wont go into that disaster!!

11. Katedesign

So the engagement ring wasn't needed after the Valentine disaster?!!

I don't buy I tend to make stuff that I'm convinced will sell.... then never get round to selling it!

12. bigdave

those were 2 completely different occasions. lol

13. Paul Murray

You should have applied a liberal coating of vaseline to the area beforehand.

PS. Gross!

14. bigdave

It never even made it that far!! lol.

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Lol. I got a mould your own penis kit for Christmas off the girlfriend. That was awkward in the living room on Christmas day with all of the family around.

16. linziloop

linziloop Member

Haha Dave you mentalist! That's given me a good giggle anyway. Got a friend practicing on oranges at the moment, looking pretty good, he now has some very pretty oranges anyway. I believe they're good for practicing on when just starting out and then after that, if you can get hold of some pig skin (perhaps another drunk spending night purchase) then that's as close as you will get to human skin.

I have visions of you getting drunk and practicing on your own thigh though....

Beware, my boyfriend tried to tattoo a skull on his own arm when he was a teenager. He is now left with two black dots and nothing else!

17. bigdave

You can buy 'fake skin' on ebay for not a lot of money so I'm thinking of having a blast at that. It's inevitable that I will at some point tattoo myself just to see if I can!...

18. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Very funny post Dave lol, I whilst drunk tried tattooing my girlfriends name at the time on my leg with Indian Ink and a Needle, her name was 'Jue' although my Wife has such pleasure taking the piss that I have a mans name on my leg as it looks more like 'Joe'!!

Don't end up on here Tattoo Failure - Pics of Funny Tattoos

19. bigdave

Oh god!! Don't think I want to do it now!!

20. Paul Murray

You could have waited until you were alone before using the kit! :icon_tongue_smilie: