tattoo design

TomStutt

Just designed a tattoo for my stepdad which was pretty cool and different to do.

he wanted some script done. hes getting it done today so il post up a picture once its done.

My neighbours father sadly passed away and he was a Ford man through and through. He asked me to do a Ford logo with the word Dad instead of Ford for a tattoo for him in his Dad's memory. What a responsibility designing Tattoos are, something they'll wear for life!

(xmas)

I dont even think about it like that, I have a fair few now, and I know they are for life, but mine are just as much a part of me as the scars on my knees, arms, head...the only difference is these are nicer to look at.

I know why I have them, and that is to act as a constant reminder of something. The memory is often more important than the image. It's weird, I'm not young, so its not an impulsive thing, but the permanence doesn't really come into my mind.

Every time I take my shirt off and see my chest piece, I am reminded of good times with my old band, and that is really important, more so than the fact that I have stay true tattooed on my chest!

mrp2049 said:
I dont even think about it like that, I have a fair few now, and I know they are for life, but mine are just as much a part of me as the scars on my knees, arms, head...the only difference is these are nicer to look at.

I know why I have them, and that is to act as a constant reminder of something. The memory is often more important than the image. It's weird, I'm not young, so its not an impulsive thing, but the permanence doesn't really come into my mind.

Every time I take my shirt off and see my chest piece, I am reminded of good times with my old band, and that is really important, more so than the fact that I have stay true tattooed on my chest!

Ahh yeah, I get what you're saying, I meant what a responsibility doing the artwork for someone else (snow)

Fair point, I've never had to design them, one of my best friends is a tattooist, he is a big fan of talking people out of rubbish designs, and is willing to do some work to turn a poorly executed design with a nice sentiment/idea into a great tattoo.

I have actually done a design for a tattoo as well, for someone who really did get it done into a tattoo! It was a few years ago. I had a friend who's sister was looking for an image of a cresent moon with the profile of a woman's face on it.

After it was done, she took a picture of the tattoo and sent it to me but I lost it during a move 2 years ago.

But yeah if anyone is thinking of getting ink done, definitly choose places that have the artists that are willing to do custom designs. Its going to be on your body forever so make sure its done right.

Heres the tattoo i designed. he had it done yesterday afternoon so it looks a bit sore.

DSC00149.jpg

I've a foot in both camps here as I've designed tattoos but I also tattoo them too.

Remember kids. A tattoo's for life, not just for Christmas:)

Back