Tae kwon do flyer

I think it looks pretty good. But you're going to need to make sure that the graphics don't over power the text. It will either require a heavier font or perhaps give the text a background, maybe both.
Also, what are the dimensions of the full size image and what size are these flyer's going to be?

maybe it's me but if I'm honest I can't take it seriously, the facial expression and way the hands are make the bloke look like a little kid thats going 'yay' at christmas when he's getting another present...
Also think the thin W text over the foot doesn't work as it blends too much

I have the same issues as above.
At the moment I'm seeing something that's more akin to a Photoshop art magzine as opposed to an informative flyer promoting an event.
Don't get me wrong, the effects are beautiful and it's a good looking thing, I just don't think it's fit for purpose at the moment.
You need to bring the attention to the text, that's what people are going to read, and that's what's important.

They certainly do grab peoples attention, but what's the point of achieving that if people don't leave with a message or company name to attach to that attention grabbing moment? It's the design equivalent of a town crier standing in the middle of a city centre screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK! Never-mind, I have nothing to say." You really need to get the message across with the flyers by making the text much, much more prominent in the design.
I'm sure your mate is happy with it, but he's not a designer and it's your job to know this stuff and make the right decision!

The text is for the back of the flyer. The front has a couple of bullet point headings, the main body of info is on the back, my plan images down the right hand side Text down the left. Simply.ha
For the front of the flyers my mate just wanted me to created something eye catching, which I think I achieved.

Squiddy said:
They certainly do grab peoples attention, but what's the point of achieving that if people don't leave with a message or company name to attach to that attention grabbing moment? It's the design equivalent of a town crier standing in the middle of a city centre screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK! Never-mind, I have nothing to say." You really need to get the message across with the flyers by making the text much, much more prominent in the design.

I'm sure your mate is happy with it, but he's not a designer and it's your job to know this stuff and make the right decision!
I've already mentioned this mate, that's why I plan for the back to be the info side of things. Call it meeting in the middle.ha u can't always win

It's a lovely look piece of art and I get what you're trying to do with the front and back thing. It's how nightclubs work.
Have you a mockup of the back?

And also, I'd take a look at your dimensions? Don't think that's the right size?

Tony Hardy said:
It's a lovely look piece of art and I get what you're trying to do with the front and back thing. It's how nightclubs work.
Have you a mockup of the back?
No, dont have the text through yet mate. but im hoping its not to much. because he has cracking photos that i dont even want to touch, didnt want to touch the front. but my mates and others like that style. it wouldnt let me upload the full size image. so had to crop it.

Back