• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tablet, phone, phablet?

gcol90

Do I upgrade my Nexus 4 to another Android offering and sell my iPad 3 and get an Android tablet (can't be bothered with iOS these days), or just get a "phablet" (Nexus 6 when it's released)?

I'm very indecisive.

gcol90

Umm, aside from the usual calling and texting... internet, music, YouTube, Netflix (in conjunction with Chromecast) social media etc. etc. occasional gaming if I'm on the train or something... that sorta stuff.

Levi

Staff member
Personally.... I'd go for a nexus 5 or moto x 2014, a 6 inch phone is HUGE compared with the nexus 4, although you might feel different after holding it (go hold an iphone 6+ for size basically).

gcol90

Not really feeling the 5 so much, maybe the Moto X, it's pretty much the 6 anyway. Would the 1gb less ram and slightly older CPU be that much of a difference compared to the 6?

Levi

Staff member
there are reports it might not be coming to the UK... can't see it personally but I'll let you do the hunting/checking

gcol90

Friend has an iPhone 6 Plus so I tried it for size. Didn't seem too bad. Kind awkward on one hand use, but great with two. Might be hard on the pocket though, something that size....

Levi

Staff member
Gareth said:
iPhone 6 Plus ..... Might be hard on the pocket though, something that size....
I can't do it... I must not lower myself to comment on that.... I must act mature.....

Levi

Staff member
nah too big... moto maxx if/when it comes out in the UK :)
Same specs, smaller screen, bigger battery... pretty much stock android (moto additions are good) :)

gcol90

Ohhhh haha Levi. I do like the Nexus 6... but would I get sick of the size after 6 months, that's the question. But it stops me getting a tablet too.... decisions. Alex, guessing it will get it, Motorola seems good at pushing updates to phones. Speaking of updates, Lollipop is available for my Nexus 4 :D. Not feeling the One M8, kinda old now.

gcol90

it arrived today, i've sent it back. didn't even use it. hoping for a new replacement. the camera/LED flash had a chip on the glass and scratches :(