Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablet, phone, phablet?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by gcol90, Nov 23, 2014.

1. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Do I upgrade my Nexus 4 to another Android offering and sell my iPad 3 and get an Android tablet (can't be bothered with iOS these days), or just get a "phablet" (Nexus 6 when it's released)?

I'm very indecisive.

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

what do you use your phone for...

3. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Umm, aside from the usual calling and texting... internet, music, YouTube, Netflix (in conjunction with Chromecast) social media etc. etc. occasional gaming if I'm on the train or something... that sorta stuff.

4. Levi

Personally.... I'd go for a nexus 5 or moto x 2014, a 6 inch phone is HUGE compared with the nexus 4, although you might feel different after holding it (go hold an iphone 6+ for size basically).

5. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Not really feeling the 5 so much, maybe the Moto X, it's pretty much the 6 anyway. Would the 1gb less ram and slightly older CPU be that much of a difference compared to the 6?

6. Levi

actually just had a thought... forget the x, grab the droid maxx (or was it turbo....) or as it's called in the UK the moto maxx, it's not quite out yet but it's basically a smaller nexus 6 with an extra large battery :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_maxx-6779.php

7. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Ahhh I've heard about the Turbo but didn't know there was a UK variant. I'll check it out 😁

8. Levi

there are reports it might not be coming to the UK... can't see it personally but I'll let you do the hunting/checking

9. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Friend has an iPhone 6 Plus so I tried it for size. Didn't seem too bad. Kind awkward on one hand use, but great with two. Might be hard on the pocket though, something that size....

10. Levi

I can't do it... I must not lower myself to comment on that.... I must act mature.....

11. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

12. Levi

nah too big... moto maxx if/when it comes out in the UK :)
    Same specs, smaller screen, bigger battery... pretty much stock android (moto additions are good) :)

13. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Lollipop on the moto maxx?

14. NeonThunder

NeonThunder Active Member

HTC ONE M8 :D

15. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Ohhhh haha Levi. I do like the Nexus 6... but would I get sick of the size after 6 months, that's the question. But it stops me getting a tablet too.... decisions. Alex, guessing it will get it, Motorola seems good at pushing updates to phones. Speaking of updates, Lollipop is available for my Nexus 4 :D. Not feeling the One M8, kinda old now.

16. Levi

very soon if not straight away, us are already getting lollipop on moto phones

17. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

... guess what I've ordered :lol:

18. Levi

an iPhone...

19. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

hahaha don't be silly, I've ordered a Nexus 6 :lol:

20. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

it arrived today, i've sent it back. didn't even use it. hoping for a new replacement. the camera/LED flash had a chip on the glass and scratches :(