T-shirt design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolaphonic

Hi to one and all.

I'm currently in the process of the final stages for my business. It will be a clothing company based on around hip-hop and grime music. What i actually need is someone to do the designs for me as i cannot draw within the slightest. What i am aiming for is something in the vein of banksy but not banksy if you know what i mean. if anyone is interested , has any more questions or queries contact me on: hesaishesaid1(AT)live.com

Thanks in advance.

The biggest question I have relating to this post is: Why is 'Grime' classed as music?

It also seems like you are in the earliest stages of your business without a product to sell..

Chris Lord said:
The biggest question I have relating to this post is: Why is 'Grime' classed as music?

It also seems like you are in the earliest stages of your business without a product to sell..

why isn't grime classed as music? If you dont class grime music as music then you have no business asking the question.

yes i am in the early stages of my business. Cant go any further without designs.

i really don't understand why you posted. please refrain from doing so again unless you have a productive input. thank you.

Productive input:

This is a forum for professionals, you are clearly not. You have no brief, no budget and a loose idea for a business.

Do you have any collateral to pay a designer to design your t-shirts. Are you aware of what your over saturated market wants/ requires.

Oh, and your first statement really doesn't make sense. Only people who don't class it as music have 'business' asking that question.

Chris Lord said:
Productive input:

This is a forum for professionals, you are clearly not. You have no brief, no budget and a loose idea for a business.

Do you have any collateral to pay a designer to design your t-shirts. Are you aware of what your over saturated market wants/ requires.

Chris Lord said:
Oh, and your first statement really doesn't make sense. Only people who don't class it as music have 'business' asking that question.

whats your problem. if the job isnt for you keep on moving. i have everything in place except a design. get a life. thank you good bye.

FAO of those who are interested all details will be provided when/if we talk at a later date. thank you

Oooft! Touched a nerve!

Sorry for ruining the thread but I couldn't help rising to it.

On that note I am going to design my own grime t-shirts and sell them... maybe Camden market... that's pretty grimey

Hey guys,

@ dolaphonic, Welcome to the design forums, why not post an introduction about yourself and your business in the introductions sub section here Introductions

You will also find that you will get a much better response to requests for help and tenders for work if you specify a budget, and actually give some more info on what your trying to achieve, examples of what you would like a designer to provide for you and perhaps engage in communication with the community before wading in with an email address for people to contact you on.

To all commenter's in this thread keep it civil, on topic and respectful, remember we are all guests of the people who pay for this community. If anyone cant keep to the above guidelines, the thread will be closed.

Geoff.

Sunburn said:
Hey guys,

@ dolaphonic, Welcome to the design forums, why not post an introduction about yourself and your business in the introductions sub section here Introductions

You will also find that you will get a much better response to requests for help and tenders for work if you specify a budget, and actually give some more info on what your trying to achieve, examples of what you would like a designer to provide for you and perhaps engage in communication with the community before wading in with an email address for people to contact you on.

To all commenter's in this thread keep it civil, on topic and respectful, remember we are all guests of the people who pay for this community. If anyone cant keep to the above guidelines, the thread will be closed.

Geoff.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm just laughing inside at grime

..on another note, who will close the thread?

@Sunburn are you admin now?

Wow, this is most definitely not the way to welcome a potential client onto Design Forums. Some of the comments left in this thread reek of self importance instead of subservience to the client. It doesn't promote a good atmosphere for clients to ask for professional help if people don't act professionally.

It is unfortunate but a fact that many clients have a big idea, but don't quite know how to voice it. Instead of berating someone for perhaps not quite communicating their wishes as well as a designer may do so, it's a far better idea to simply enquire further and tease out the information that you need.

dolaphonic, there are a few things which you could do to help us out. First, a name is usually a good start - Your name. Second, the name of your company and what it does or is planning to do. Third, what you want a designer to do for you. Finally, a rough guide as to how much you are willing to spend.

I get the feeling that you may not have had much experience in dealing with designers and that's fine, but please remember that just like any other service, we expect fair payment for our work. Please keep that in mind when discussing your budget.

Finally, if you'd like to send the above details onto me and speak further, my email address is neilATtheworkof.co.uk

Geoff - Thanks for your post on this thread.
Berry - Yes Geoff is a moderator here.
Neil - Agree with your post.

& finally, irrespective of the way someone words their project thread, a simple reply to request more info is all it takes, no need to discuss your feelings on the niche of their products, or indeed their music tastes, it's irrelevant. As delfonic (who probably feels incredibly un-welcome now) says if it's not for you, don't reply.

Thanks,
Greg

I'm sorry I let opinion get in the way!

But lets be honest, I've seen so many posts like this shot down previously due to it's blatant lack of substance, it just so happens this one replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back