Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swine Fever

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Anybody think this is going to be a big big problem? 150 already dead in Mexico and rising.

They have been going on about bird flu possibly passing across to humans for ages, I think that many may die from this in the UK unfortunately, it seems young healthy people are most at risk due to their immune systems over reacting.

I'm a worrier at the best of times, but since having my little boy I am ten times worse.
  2. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I think it is a big problem.
  3. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

Not if put into the perspective that normal flu kills over 12,000 per annum. Media hype and scare mongering.

I'm more concerned with the use of anti terrorism legislation to attack our own civil liberties and rights within the UK.

I do feel a bit fluey though!
  4. KevJaques

KevJaques Member

Makes you pig sick dunnit ;)
  5. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I really hope you are right.
  6. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

I'd be a bit more concerned if it was something as deadly as the flu pandemic at the end of ww1, an outbreak that killed more people than the generals managed to slaughter in the duration of the conflict itself.
  7. andyd8

andyd8 Member

Its load of porkies! Theres more chance of pigs flying than this flu killing the world. BUT if it is bad then I hope they make enough oinkment................I'm so gonna get it
  8. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

I think I'll keep my snout out of the pun stuff and trott on by.......

9. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

10. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

worthy of b3ta that one.
  11. NeedForBleed

NeedForBleed Member

I fear for my dad, mum says he's a chauvinist pig, I hope he'll be ok...

They claim that one of the few people in the UK that had a case of this flu, has already recovered. I think it's another one of those situations where somebody throws a pebble into the water and it has now caused a tidal wave of phantom crisis.

Although I should really get this rash checked out, they may have to prescribe me oinkment!:icon_blushing: