Suppliers of coloured card

@GCarlD

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase some coloured card suitable to use for greeting cards. I need to keep costs down to a very minimum, so it was suggested I look for businesses that are closing and need to get rid of any left over stock they may have, but I am unsure how to go about finding such companies.

Can anyone make any recommendations / suggestions?

Thank you!

Good shout thanks, why didn't I think of them?

Anyway, unfortunately they only have blank white card (which is still useful). So still on the lookout of coloured cards.

Cheers.

How much paper stock are you needing? and how fussy are you about the colour, weight etc..?

If you're doing a decent run, and you have specific requirements, a ream from one of the paper merchants will be massively cheaper than the hobbyist retailers such as paperchase or hobbycraft.

On the other hand if you just need bits and bats and dont mind what you're getting, call round the local printers, guaranteed they will all have 30,40,50+ sheets of card they cant use (its usually 200gsm uncoated banana yellow lol).

I just need a few to begin with say about 30 sheets depending on size. I need them to be decent weight, as they are for greeting cards, so nothing light/flimsy.

I will eventually be doing much larger runs (sooner rather than later), so will look into the paper merchants when the time comes.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give my local printer a call and see what they say, although I'm not too optimistic they will have any to spare, but who knows, I may get lucky!

Thank you.

Back