Supplement Packaging Label

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to graphic design so any critiques would help me out.

I am making a focus enhancing coffee creamer and this is what I have so far.

The logo and color scheme are not coming together quite like I would want.

So let my design have it!

Thanks,

Carlos

Attachments

• Pourfection Front Label 2017.png
    Pourfection Front Label 2017.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Pourfection Front Label NO_Border_2017.png
    Pourfection Front Label NO_Border_2017.png
    762 KB · Views: 16
  • Head Splash logo main.png
    Head Splash logo main.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 16
It all comes down to something called colour theory, if you want to do any sort of professional graphic design this is one of the fundamentals that you need to have a good grasp in.

Might be me but I'm kind of getting a bit of a horror novel, gore vibe from it. o_O

For me it's a bit anatomical with the top of the skull lifted off and the contents splashing/exploding out?

Same for me, why a head and not a coffee cup at least.

I think more work needs to go into the namestyle for starters. The whole design is looking rather 'industrial'.

I think the best thing you could do is a search for something like "coffee packaging, branding" (or whatever).

There are literally LOADS of round-ups for these on design sites and by looking through these you may get an idea of what's been done and done well.

You'll find that things and products tend to have a kind of a common feel to them even down to colours. A bit like a stereotype but that's what people like and expect.
Coffee branding for instance tends to follow a limited browns and cream colour palette with maybe an accent colour.
Nothing wrong with bending the rules but you need to be clever to do so and if you're just starting out then it may be worth following what works.

The graphic elements also tend to be quite bold and simple, almost minimalist sometimes.

At the moment it feels a little medical and maybe suggests something between a vitamin supplement or pain relief to me.

I think if you get to basics and start there then that's a good start.

Try what I do.

Go to Pinterest and search for "coffee packaging, branding" and make a board and pin what you like.
Then come back to it and think "why do I like it?"

It looks like a medicinal label, which might be what you're aiming for. It reminds me a little of nutritional drinks you see in health shops, albeit not quite on the same level of finish. There's probably a clever way to combine the concept of something you dilute into coffee with the mind similar to what you have, but the rainbow colours and extreme 'gore' of what you have now aren't working too well. Add to that the typography is dull and uninspiring.

I'd highly recommend you seek out a professional designer who has experience with packaging or labels to help you with this. Packaging isn't something you can just pick up and do yourself and you may find retailers refuse to stock it because they know it's just too amateur-looking to sell. This is something you digest and absorb into your body, you don't want it looking like something that's thrown together in somebody's kitchen.

Back