Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suited and Booted...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by charles, Sep 14, 2009.

1. charles

charles Senior Member

Do you guys go smart to work?

I don't get the jeans and t-shirt at work thing.

It's a suit everyday for me!

2. berry

berry Active Member

Suit most days, though today i had to new client meets and i had jeans ( deliberate strategy though)

Always have a spare outfit or suit at work.

3. I used to be smart every day, but at this place its wear what you want kinda thing.. I try to look smart ish :)

4. Becky

Becky Member

Absolutely no dress code where I work. I try to be smart-casual, unless I know I'm going out to see a client, or they're coming in to see me, then I smarten up a bit. But I always keep a jacket at work, just in case.

I just have to hope they don't come in unannounced in the winter when I'm sat there in my sexy stripy fingerless gloves and a scarf because my office is super-cold :D

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'm not really a t-shirt kind of guy (except when scruffing it at home) anyways so I would at the very least wear a shirt and jeans.
    I very rarely wear a suit (that reminds me I should look into getting a new one)
    I always go see clients rather than them coming to me to save on the hassles :)

6. berry

berry Active Member

.......Cordoroys hope to back in fashion in time for the British Olympics

7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

what again, they went through a revival about 5 years back :cry:

8. LOL ahhh the joys of Corduroys :D makes me think of the 80's :p

9. tim

tim Senior Member

every time i've met a client i've just remained in jeans and a t shirt, obviously i ALWAYS look pretty nifty, but it makes it a lot less forced imo. people are more likely to open up and talk if they see if you in an approachable way.

obviously it does differ, just the people i've worked with i've never seen the point.

edit: (for exisitng clients, i mean)

10. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

ive just bought a new suit for when i first meet clients. nice grey one from the mighty primark

11. tim

tim Senior Member

lol fair play.

nice deal?

12. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

£35 for the jacket and trousers. bargain

in bristol we have just had a massive primark built. its like 4 floors and its brilliant. its like a massive river island and the quality of the clothes are just as good.

13. i've got to get myself a new suit soon :( going to cost me a good few hundred I think (as i will have to get it tailored :p)

14. Becky

Becky Member

lol, hey big spender.

In some situations I have to look smart, i.e. in a suit, especially if I'm going to their offices. But most in mine I can get away with just looking tidy

15. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

i would rather not wear a suit than buy one for £35................please return it if you ain't wear it yet. £100-£150 should get you a decent suit.

16. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Had a meeting with a client last wednesday, big job so thought i'd dress suitably

[​IMG]

Haven't heard back yet.........

17. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I'm looking at getting some new semi-smart clothes & a new suit, but £300 or so on clothes will be a big spend for me, better be worth it ;)

18. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Smart Casual.

Jeans, nice trainers, comfortable footwear, clean fresh... cardigans, knitwear, quality shirts.

Look clean, smart, creative for meeting clients.

No suits - i don't add up numbers in an office or attend crisis meetings all day.

I'm a designer.

*Although i did wear combat shorts and vestsa bit at my old place...

19. I knew a designer while working in New Zealand (and for PricewaterhouseCoopers I will add) who wore surfing board shorts and a Hawaiian shirt :lol:

20. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

that's more like it...............remember that a designer is not a scammer, banker, insurance broker or an undertaker!:clap: