suggestions on personal logo

Shadzee

t7bucg.png

Can you tell us a bit more about it? What made you go with these splats and textures? Not sure it would be very readable at small sizes as there is so much detail going on.

It's what I think of when I think of the word 'fuse' So I wanted to get a rough, messy kind of thing going on.
Any suggestions?

The aged/grunge/worn thing can still work, but it needs to have a bit some of a spark to it to make it go POW!

That has obviously been done digitally, no offense meant just a comment, to make that sort of style really pop you need to get dirty. Prints, scans, photocopies, real ink, spray....

I still do that style a bit and it has moved on loads and you need to make every piece as non-digital as possible.

So what can i do to give it some flavour? I can see what you mean. It's still too bland.

give it some random injection of colour into it :) that would be my suggestion :)

Shadzee said:
So what can i do to give it some flavour? I can see what you mean. It's still too bland.

Think back to how you started....just some text yeah? Print it out a few times, black text on white back, then white on black (big black square around white text).

Then just make a mess. Pens, ink, pencils, paint, tippex, tape...anything.

Then scan it back in and work from there. Quite often I will end up making a hybrid of two or three.

By doing it this way, you make something that is unique and more importantly looks like you have brought your own stamp to it.

mrp2049 said:
Think back to how you started....just some text yeah? Print it out a few times, black text on white back, then white on black (big black square around white text).

Then just make a mess. Pens, ink, pencils, paint, tippex, tape...anything.

Then scan it back in and work from there. Quite often I will end up making a hybrid of two or three.

By doing it this way, you make something that is unique and more importantly looks like you have brought your own stamp to it.

And if anyone knows how to do stuff like that? teach me xD

sorry, don't like it, think the latest version is hard to read.

And I think of the image below when someone says fuse, so you could say it's more electrical related
IEC%20FUSE%20193,195%20SERIES.jpg

I'd suggest you post what it looks like as the plain font without the splats, in black and white.

I'm going to change the name anyways, seems as though it's taken D:
Well then.. Any suggestions? XD

Back