Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, May 20, 2010.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Well gents, its that time where I think outside the box, or I am forced to atleast!

My CD shelving thing has decided to collapse! Full on leaning tower of pisa! Luckily my guitar stand stopped the crash that would have probably shaken the house had all the CD's hit the floor!

So here is the problem (s);

My walls are plaster board, so I can't really put shelves up.

I don't have a great deal of money floating round as I have just laid out my spare cash on tshirt printing.

I have 1000+ CD's and most storage things from Ikea, Argos and the like are generally aimed at people who only have a few hundred at a push.

What the flocking flying hell do I do? The last one came from argos, and lasted ok, but did not hold up to being moved around.

Should I just give up and go to B&Q, get out the drill, saw, nails and screws and go wild and hope? Or can anyone think of a reasonable solution, annoyingly on a large scale?

Oh and it fell over just as I was going to bed an hour ago, and I have had to empty the dam thing before I could go to sleep!
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

You can get special plasterboard wall plugs, they usually look like this;

Then the sky (ceiling) is the limit to your CD storage!!
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Hmm, I did not know this!

I get the feeling this may have been withheld to keep the walls intact!