Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Photo's

Discussion in 'Photography' started by glenwheeler, Nov 18, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

I have been browsing around the web tonight to get some stock photo's. I cant seem to find any anywhere that are free. I am willing to pay a bit of money but I thought I stock photo was quite expensive. Any recommendations at all...? Thanks pepps!
  2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Probably easier if you say what the photo is of (or in relation to :) ) <--- maybe?!
  3. glenwheeler

Yeah, basically i want a photo to fit into the top of my website something really creative. Actually I need a few photos to be quite honest, they will be put on a basic flash rotation fading in and out. Anything really just I want something creative. The images are for which is currently been re designed.
  4. Becky

Becky Member has freebie stuff, and stockxpert their 'sister' site has cheap stuff. But it's all very generic (and down for upgrades at the moment it seems)
  5. glenwheeler

Thabks for that Becky. I used and thought it was pretty pants with what they had on offer. Ill check the other tho when its back up.
  6. Becky

Becky Member

it's just a premium version of sxc, so it's not a whole lot better, but there might be some useful stuff there.
  7. glenwheeler

Ill give it a spec yeah. Still researching around, aint found a decent thing yet...Maybe Ill go down my own route of getting the bloody camera out!
  8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i use sxc alot!
  9. completely agree is the best about :)
  10. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

If the images you need are going to be used to represent you, wouldn't it be more appropriate to generate them yourself?

Then again if you don't mind paying a bit Fotolia. istock and of course for the freebies sxc, are the ones I generally go for.
  11. glenwheeler

Cheers guy's for the comments
  12. glenwheeler

lol I gave up and went for the istockphoto site and bought a few.
  13. I guess that's always the problem with stock images - endless searching, hunting and hopefully finding the right one for the project, rather than commissioning something unique. Then again I would say that ;-)
  14. glenwheeler

I see your a photographer David, do you take photos of items up on request or is that not something you offer?
  15. Hi Glen - of course - I do all sorts of speculative work - sometimes suggested by clients, other subjects personally driven for my archive with a view to sell directly to picture editors or for libraries to market on my behalf. These can be individual images or a series or set of images which tells a story.
  16. glenwheeler

I was looking at getting some photo's done of myself actually I need some funky ones for profiles and stuff for my site. I am just starting a fresh design and will require them quite soon really. I fancy some professional ones. Do you have an examples of people that you have done?
  17. Hi Glen - I see you are based in the North-East - so it's probably a bit too far for me to travel for a short commission - but check my people portfolio for some examples.
  18. glenwheeler

I'd be willing to travel if they were decent enough. Do you do any for bands etc? They all look more sorta professional looking straight up photo's.
  19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

my friend has the most rock n roll style of taking photos I have seen, I love his work, and have worked with him on loads of jobs.

Mission Photographic|Professional Photography

Not trying to hijack work from anyone here, just some food for thought Glen!