• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stock Photo's

Hi Guys,

I have been browsing around the web tonight to get some stock photo's. I cant seem to find any anywhere that are free. I am willing to pay a bit of money but I thought I stock photo was quite expensive. Any recommendations at all...? Thanks pepps!

Yeah, basically i want a photo to fit into the top of my website something really creative. Actually I need a few photos to be quite honest, they will be put on a basic flash rotation fading in and out. Anything really just I want something creative. The images are for glenwheeler.co.uk which is currently been re designed.

sxc.hu has freebie stuff, and stockxpert their 'sister' site has cheap stuff. But it's all very generic (and down for upgrades at the moment it seems)

Thabks for that Becky. I used sxc.hu and thought it was pretty pants with what they had on offer. Ill check the other tho when its back up.

Ill give it a spec yeah. Still researching around, aint found a decent thing yet...Maybe Ill go down my own route of getting the bloody camera out!

Krey20

If the images you need are going to be used to represent you, wouldn't it be more appropriate to generate them yourself?

Then again if you don't mind paying a bit Fotolia. istock and of course for the freebies sxc, are the ones I generally go for.

I guess that's always the problem with stock images - endless searching, hunting and hopefully finding the right one for the project, rather than commissioning something unique. Then again I would say that ;-)

Hi Glen - of course - I do all sorts of speculative work - sometimes suggested by clients, other subjects personally driven for my archive with a view to sell directly to picture editors or for libraries to market on my behalf. These can be individual images or a series or set of images which tells a story.

I was looking at getting some photo's done of myself actually I need some funky ones for profiles and stuff for my site. I am just starting a fresh design and will require them quite soon really. I fancy some professional ones. Do you have an examples of people that you have done?

I'd be willing to travel if they were decent enough. Do you do any for bands etc? They all look more sorta professional looking straight up photo's.