stock photography

Mr J

Hi
I'm currently designing an Annual Report for a Home Craft Society.
I'm going to use my own photography of course, but could still do with some stock photos as a back up. The trouble is I can't seem to find any FREE :(

Can anyone please recommend any good links for stock photography/Home Craft?
I'm looking for;

Sewing
Knitting
Ceramics
Jewellery macking
Art
papers & Textiles
Material....etc

p.s. I'm in desperate need

If it's just for a mock up until you take your own pictures the use the low res images you can download from places like istock etc.

Can they not supply any images seeing as they're a society of craft heads?

You could try an Advanced Search for Creative Commons images on Flickr, as imagine there would be a lot of these types of images on there: Flickr: Advanced Search

logo_cc_trademark.gif

Just be sure on which type of CC licence the images have: Flickr: Creative Commons

Failing that, assume you've tried SXC?
http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=search&txt=sewing&w=1&x=0&y=0

Tom Sound said:
Can they not supply any images seeing as they're a society of craft heads?

Tomsound: its a University project so no unfortunately

Greg: istockphotos seems to have a fee on everything? Flickr is quite useful though so thank you for that!

rossnorthernunion said:
It's a business - they got to charge to make money.

If you're charging for this job - have you allocated an image budget with the client?

Yes i understand they need to make money. I was just wondering if there was a way around it HA :p

Apollogies if i didn't make it clear on the first post; This is not a project for a client. Its a University project for an unofficial company.
I have been advised that I am able to use my own photography and simple Google images.
Some of them are obviously not very good quality. So that was my reasons to find some good stock photography.

Josella said:
Yes i understand they need to make money. I was just wondering if there was a way around it HA :p

Apollogies if i didn't make it clear on the first post; This is not a project for a client. Its a University project for an unofficial company.
I have been advised that I am able to use my own photography and simple Google images.
Some of them are obviously not very good quality. So that was my reasons to find some good stock photography. Unfortunatly now i see none of its free! Looks like i'll have to get the bank card out!

If you're using google images, select the Large image size on the left of your browser window, and it will only display the big ones (nod)

Back