Starting Out- Blog!

elladesigns

Hi Guys!
My name is Ella, 21 from the UK.
I have my own website and i'm just about to start blogging about the design industry.
I was wondering what kind of stuff you would be interesting in reading? For example starting off as a freelancer, best design tips etc?
If theres anything anyone wanted to know more about or what interests you within graphic design!

Your help would be appreciated as i want it to be a place where everyone can discuss and help each other

Ella xx

Hey Ella.

Welcome to GDF. :)

I was posting on the other post before hank kindly tidied up. ;) (C+V'd from the other).

I'm a total design blog/portal junkie and I have a bookmark list a mile long but only a few that I visit daily.

Although there are plenty out there there are not too many that I'd consider to be that good and SO MANY are very rarely updated that often.

If I were you I'd do a search for "Best Design Blogs".
There are quite a few round-ups out there and then decide from there.
Are you going to be doing all the writing and if so, are you going to make it personal or a general feel?

I'd try to make a small mix of categories that you like writing about.
After all. If you're going to continue then it's got to be something that interests you too.

I'd also try to set yourself a achievable target to write regularly.
So many of them start out strong and then fizzle out.

I just read that it's for those starting out so yes, I'd make a bit of a focus on the basics like landing your first role, portfolios and things like that.

Hi Guys!
My name is Ella, 21 from the UK.
I have my own website and i'm just about to start blogging about the design industry.
I was wondering what kind of stuff you would be interesting in reading? For example starting off as a freelancer, best design tips etc?
If theres anything anyone wanted to know more about or what interests you within graphic design!

Your help would be appreciated as i want it to be a place where everyone can discuss and help each other

Ella xx
Great idea Ella. We love a good design blog and it would be good to hear top tips for starting out as a freelancer in 2018.
keep us posted. We often share good posts on our twitter or linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/truffle-talent/

Hey Ella.

Welcome to GDF. :)

I was posting on the other post before hank kindly tidied up. ;) (C+V'd from the other).

I'm a total design blog/portal junkie and I have a bookmark list a mile long but only a few that I visit daily.

Although there are plenty out there there are not too many that I'd consider to be that good and SO MANY are very rarely updated that often.

If I were you I'd do a search for "Best Design Blogs".
There are quite a few round-ups out there and then decide from there.
Are you going to be doing all the writing and if so, are you going to make it personal or a general feel?

I'd try to make a small mix of categories that you like writing about.
After all. If you're going to continue then it's got to be something that interests you too.

I'd also try to set yourself a achievable target to write regularly.
So many of them start out strong and then fizzle out.

I just read that it's for those starting out so yes, I'd make a bit of a focus on the basics like landing your first role, portfolios and things like that.

Hi!
Yeah sorry about that I didn’t know where to post! I was planning on doing all the writing myself as it’s got going on my portfolio website so I was going to write it all from my POV.
From what you said I was thinking of having a few categories, so one for general freelance questions, then some tutorials etc!

Thank you for your help! Love deffo be sticking around x

Back