Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stapleton18 - Logo Designer in Practice

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Stapleton18, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Stapleton18

Stapleton18 New Member

Hi There, I'm from Exeter in Devon, and I'm currently creating various and mainly random logos to try and gain some more experience in logo design.

My goal is to create logos for companys and organisations for fairly low prices, no more than £10, sure it's not much of a gain but I should hopefully attract plenty of clients, and also learn new things as I go.

Anyway that's not going to happen untill I can learn more professional ways of designing the perfect logo for the client. So far my designs lack a little quality, and although I can always think of a great looking logo in my head, I can never quite create it to how I wanted it to look.

I'll post a sample image of my work in the "Graphic Design Critique" forum.
  2. chris_17

chris_17 Member

I'm sorry mate but you're going to ripped to shreds saying that, I wouldn't even turn on my computer let alone sitting down planning, researching liaising with the client and then designing the logo for ten quid.
    Also I don't know If a company would even hire you for a low price, sounds a bit strange to offer a logo design for £10, let's hope Eagle doesn't read this for your sake!

Some advice though don't offer something you can't do yet, keep designing make up fake briefs that's what I did, I still have some of them if you want some, post your designs on here and improve that way. There's loads of tutorials for getting know Illustrator and things like that, as well as resources on colour theory and typography.

Just stick to learning and progressing before trying to make money, is it just logo design you're interested in or Graphic Design in general and Web Design as well?
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

What Chris said ^
  4. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

What's your background? How old are you?

I'll say the same as I say to anyone asking this question: It took me four years at college and at least another four years in industry before I was designing anything like half decent logos. Why do people think this job is easy, as if anyone with a computer can do it? Frankly, it's insulting.

5. Cookie

Cookie Member

Welcome :icon_smile: