Stan Lee Foundation Comp. (Design a Super hero)

scotty

Ultimate Member
I recently was contacted by TalentHouse who are running a design comp with the Stan Lee Foundation to create a super hero to ask if they could use some of my artwork to promote it.
Stan Lee is the guy who came up with SpiderMan, The X-Men, Iron Man and The Hulk (amongst others) and he'd seen an article I'd done on character design and asked to use it.
I think that has to be one of the biggest complements I've ever had:)

If you fancy having a go there's a bit more info on my blog.
The guy who won the logo comp was flown out to meet the man himself.

5095671731_24293606e5_b.jpg

Here's the teaser vid:

EXCELSIOR!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj8Mi3WluqM]YouTube - Stan Lee Foundation & Talenthouse at Comic-Con NY[/ame]

Well done :D

regarding the stan lee foundation - while the work they do is amazing - I feel that for certain tasks they could get more interest by stan fronting some memorabilia or such.

They had their logo design recently (no idea if that's gone through etc.) and if they offered some rare copy of something or other than Stan almost certainly "has", it'd just be so much better for them.

Just my 2c :)

Now if you do decided to enter, don't forget to add a picture of stan in it for bonus points.

From what I can see Stan really likes to be in his art, he recently worked with a Japanese studio doing 'Heroman' (available on crunchyroll) and in EVERY episode and the intro there was a bit with him in it lol

I saw the logo design comp posted on Stan Lee's twitter (everyone should follow him), the guy is amazing!

Thanks chaps:)

Yep it was a bit like getting a call from God out of the blue.
Writing that tut has been one of the best things I've ever done!

Back