Sprite Re-Brand

Dave1975

Doesn't seem that long since we were discussing the Pepsi Re-Brand, but here we have the new Sprite logo... as ever interested to hear everyone's thoughts! :D

sprite_logo.gif

Brand New: Sprite Gets More Sprite

It looks like something that *could* have been going in the right direction, but then it all went to hell. Those gradients are painful and I'm really not digging the grey they've used (although I have a feeling that, on cans, that may be metallic silver - not sure if that makes it better or worse).

It seems like they were trying to create the effect where it was ripped open and the text was coming out? The idea is good, but it's too cartoonish (just like the Fanta re-brand: click). I hope they're not going to rape the Coca-Cola logo too.

You can tell what everyone else thinks from the comments on the links... it does look hideous.

Jedd’s comment is:
I don't like it. Ugly gradients and the type looks squished. Looks unfinished
On Jan.30.2009 at 07:08 AM

Brandon Cox’s comment is:
I think it looks appropriate for soda, but I also think it's okay to break with the soda tradition. I give it 3 years.
On Jan.30.2009 at 07:12 AM

Flipyap’s comment is:
When I saw this pop up in my RSS reader, my first thought was: "That's disgusting."
Not a great first impression.
Now that I had a chance to take a closer look at it (and ignore the terrible, awful "explosion"), I quite like the lettering and the way it cradles the lemon, though I think it looks more like a sports team logo, than of a soda.
On Jan.30.2009 at 07:22 AM

ArleyM’s comment is:
Looks stretched. The original is preferable.
On Jan.30.2009 at 07:31 AM

Barclay D.’s comment is:
eh. i would totally be fine with the 'starburst' out of the picture. i guess they are trying to keep to their... i guess tradmark you could all it with the gradient of blue to green. sure beats Pepsi's Sierra Mist newest.

Back