Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotify users: You may find this interesting.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Member

Search: B1W8

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Very unique idea for using Spotify!
    Have you 'completed' it Tony?

3. Tony

Tony Member

Yes, I lived.

You Greg?

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Working my way through it now! :)

5. Tony

Tony Member

Write down your choices...

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

I ended up listening to a cassette, no idea what the final outcome is? Confusing!
    I went with W4Q4 then I7S7...

7. Tony

Tony Member

Hmm, ok...

I seemed to have lucked out a bit with my choices then.

I went W4Q4 then I7W9...

8. Tony

Tony Member

More info (which wasn't in the first post as I thought it was more interesting that way):

Hurts and Manchester novelist Joe Stretch have created a wonderfully unique experience on Spotify in which you get to play the protagonist.

Narrated by actress Anna Friel, ‘Don’t Let Go’ is an interactive audio novel which utilises Spotify in a completely new and unexpected way. Each chapter of the novel has been published as a track on Spotify, and can be located by typing a unique code into the search field.

After listening to each chapter of the story you’ll be offered a choice of what to do next, along with the unique code for each action. Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to stop arch villain Guy Lockhart from distributing his heartbreak cocktail and condemning humankind forever to a loveless, empty existence.

Along the way you’ll also hear extracts of music from Hurts’ brand new album Happiness . If you manage to get to one of the story’s eleven possible endings without dying, you’ll be rewarded with an exclusive preview of an album track. So choose wisely…

Source: B1W8 ? Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

I knew I shouldn't have gone alone! But I just didn't trust that Italian Francesca :D

10. Tony

Tony Member

Me neither! Not after the occupants of the Sierra!

But I did as it was the one option I listened to my girlfriend on.

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

If each route ends with one of their tracks or a sample, which it sounds like it does, then it's quite a clever little campaign to get new listeners for their tracks, after all Spotify is about discovering new music.

12. Tony

Tony Member

I really liked it, my 15 year old brother didn't. So it maybe a good idea but not work for everyone.

My liking it may have been to do with Anna's voice though. Plus the story seems to peel off a bit the further it goes.

13. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Already heard it last week. They played the first segment as an advertisement and told me to search for the next segment.

14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

This is weird!