Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Who is in to sports, what sports do you follow?
    I'm a massive football fan, support Newcastle United.
    I'm also into professional wrestling (WWE) Yes, I know...fairly sad, but hey, we like what we like! :)

What about you?

2. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Sports... I don't know many designers who like sports, unfortunately! I'm into football, I've always been a United supporter! Then again, I think it would be more fun to support a team who you are not too sure if they will win every match, like Newcastle United... thehee!
    I love the RedBull signature series like mountain biking, snowboarding and surfing... (although never done any of them!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5lzE7dumRA

3. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Everyone should play a sport in my opinion! There are so many health benefits, it's unbelievable.
    I don't watch that much sport any more, I used to be into football, I supported Newcastle United, but the whole thing just grew kind of boring, I just don't think I could handle supporting and watching Newcastle AND England games... it was just too much!
    I do quite like playing tennis, I play at quite a large club in West Sussex and once I am able to cope with the weather again (blood circulation problem/Raynaud's Syndrome - hands get incredibly cold, difficult to hold a racket etc) then I will be playing again at least twice a week.
    I quite enjoy cycling too, I used to do a lot of camping and cycling. Nothing like carrying 3 stone of equipment on a 10 mile bike ride!
    P.S. You know a 'sport' is a joke when people feel the need to pre-fix the word professional to it ;)

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I like beer.

Greg likes this.
  5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Hahaha ;) I don't care if it's a sport or not. I just like oily men in tights ;)

Me too.

6. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Haha, it's fine Tony, everyone enjoys something that others might deem unacceptable or inappropriate in some way :p
    I don't like beer :(

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

That's even sadder than professional wrestling :p Haha.

8. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I can't see the downside to not liking beer :p

9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Do you drink at all?

10. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Oh if only you knew....! I'm a wine and spirits man myself. I do find it quite funny when you're in a group of people drinking beer on a night out though. You don't see them for half the night, they're constantly running backwards and forwards between the toilet!

11. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Haha that's very true. I can't get away with wine but spirits, rum and lemonade, all night long.

12. tim

tim Senior Member

used to play cricket but it's hard to wade through d*ckish people and their d*ckish families.

football is fun. united fan too.
    i also enjoy running. but not to watch. because it's boring. because it's just people running.

13. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Newcastle fan?
    Also, you're totally right about running. It's about as fun as watching the fielders (is that what they're called?) in cricket.

14. I'm a massive Snooker fan, oh and I like all alcoholic beverages.

15. tim

tim Senior Member

defo not newcastle. manchester.

16. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Everyone on here will probably know what i'm going to say.Formula One (Massive Hamilton Fan), MMA and Football are my sports. Can't wait for the season to start.

17. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I really can't get away with Formula One. It just seems like the same thing over and over again haha! ZOOOOM, WHIZZZZ, ZOOOOM. Not the sport for me!
    Watched most of the Super Bowl last night, thoroughly enjoyable.

18. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah Superbowl was good.

19. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Yeah man, can see why people see it that way for sure. But if your really into your cars and you know the sport well, then its just incredible. Pit stops, strategy Faster cars racing faster cars, slower cars racing slower cars battling for points. You know have DRS and KERS which is immense. Developed Tracks, degrading tyres, Weather, Decision making...I could go on.
    As for the Super Bowl, watched in for half hour. Bored me.
    I'm a massive football fan though, love sport overall

20. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

That's all out of my depth!

I do love football though. Who do you support?