Sports Clothing "PRIMAL" Logo Update

iamcallumd

15033896_10154374734947034_818032239_o.png

Slowly working on my design, here is a ROUGH idea just wondering how well this concept reads. Again this is a sports clothing brand (gym etc.) Not sure whether the bottom half of the 'M' should be teeth as well but that might congest it a bit. Inspiration off of a Sabretooth Tiger since it fits the theme. Just looking for more feedback on this variation. Cheers!

Why is it so BIG!!

Once I sat back a few feet, I quite like the idea, but needs a bit of refining. I don't like the M being so much
lighter than the other letters, and not keen on the jumble of teeth in the middle, can they be simplified a bit?
The horizontal bit of the L needs sorting btw.

I think that's the beginning of what could me a clever logo design.
Clever designs are hard work.

That's why I design dumb ass logos. ;)

I'd be looking to simplify the teeth even more, that cluster will look a bit cluttered at small scales. The problem you're having is animal teeth don't naturally form an M shape, and so you're having to hack at it. At this point I'd decide that the teeth although a nice idea, aren't working.

Have you explored other options? How about claw marks/scratches for the M, a bit like Monster, or just having the text look like it's sat in grass or something?

primal.png

I'd be looking to simplify the teeth even more, that cluster will look a bit cluttered at small scales. The problem you're having is animal teeth don't naturally form an M shape, and so you're having to hack at it. At this point I'd decide that the teeth although a nice idea, aren't working.

Have you explored other options? How about claw marks/scratches for the M, a bit like Monster, or just having the text look like it's sat in grass or something?

View attachment 4875

Yeah the scratches were one of my very first ideas but I found the design just too similar to 'Monster'. I do like your suggestion of the grass, its actually giving me quite a lot of ideas.

Yeah still working on the teeth, I have looked at quite a bit of inspiration. The middle section is supposed to be a lot more even, which still works. Another idea that actually just recently popped up was the M in the shape of fangs and the tongue of a python. Still seeing if I can get that idea to work.

One of the directions I might head in is neo-traditional art style which really emphasises the tribal theme.

Back