Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Clothing "PRIMAL" Logo Update

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by iamcallumd, Nov 12, 2016.

1. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

[​IMG]

Slowly working on my design, here is a ROUGH idea just wondering how well this concept reads. Again this is a sports clothing brand (gym etc.) Not sure whether the bottom half of the 'M' should be teeth as well but that might congest it a bit. Inspiration off of a Sabretooth Tiger since it fits the theme. Just looking for more feedback on this variation. Cheers!

2. Wardy

Wardy Well-Known Member

Why is it so BIG!!

Once I sat back a few feet, I quite like the idea, but needs a bit of refining. I don't like the M being so much
    lighter than the other letters, and not keen on the jumble of teeth in the middle, can they be simplified a bit?
    The horizontal bit of the L needs sorting btw.

3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I think that's the beginning of what could me a clever logo design.
    Clever designs are hard work.

That's why I design dumb ass logos. ;)

4. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

[​IMG] Here it is again

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I'd be looking to simplify the teeth even more, that cluster will look a bit cluttered at small scales. The problem you're having is animal teeth don't naturally form an M shape, and so you're having to hack at it. At this point I'd decide that the teeth although a nice idea, aren't working.

Have you explored other options? How about claw marks/scratches for the M, a bit like Monster, or just having the text look like it's sat in grass or something?

primal.png

Stationery Direct likes this.
  6. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

Yeah the scratches were one of my very first ideas but I found the design just too similar to 'Monster'. I do like your suggestion of the grass, its actually giving me quite a lot of ideas.

Yeah still working on the teeth, I have looked at quite a bit of inspiration. The middle section is supposed to be a lot more even, which still works. Another idea that actually just recently popped up was the M in the shape of fangs and the tongue of a python. Still seeing if I can get that idea to work.

One of the directions I might head in is neo-traditional art style which really emphasises the tribal theme.