Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speeding & Insurance Increase

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, Jan 13, 2011.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Well few months ago was caught speeding, 78 in a 60 but as in van limited to 50! So a good 28mph over! Woops!

Well finally got round to declaring it to Insurance and it has only increased yearly premium by 30 quid!

Now is it just me, or is that bloody low? Not really a deterrent to not speed lol!
  2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I'd keep shtum about it if I where you.
    Take it easy in the A-Team van though.
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

You need to hit 88 to travel through time, CSparkes. Sheesh.
  4. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I know the feeling mate. I just bought a Honda CTR with points on my licence the insurance was £2, 246 :(
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

That's a lot of money fella.
    I just bought a bike.
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

i just rented an apartment. rent between 3 is £1350 but it saves me £10k (genuinely quoted) on car insurance.

that's at least how i look at it.
  7. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Glen, what Im saying is its only affected it by 30 quid! Not even an xbox game a year!!!!
  8. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Moral of the story........ speed everywhere as it's not expensive as you think?

9. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Well TBH thats kinda sadly what has gone through mind! total cost of 150,000 miles of driving not really sticking to speed limits (excpet 20, 30 & 40's residential area etc...)

Cost = 3 Points - 60 Quid fine + £30 Insurance increse = £90

Not really a lot considering the speeds involved etc.....
  10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Think you've been lucky Craig, could have been a lot worse, and I'm sure the maths don't match if you was to jump upto 6 points! :down:
  11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I get around by bus, bike and hitching rides with friends who do have a car :(
  12. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Taking your vehicle higher to the red line increases your fuel consumption quite dramatically though! So there will be a small unnoticeable cost there too!

Seems like you've been lucky but remember your insurance should go down each year really, more significantly when you're younger, so you can add what it should've gone down by plus what it has gone up by to get a total?!
  13. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

is that £30 on your renewal premium or £30 on the current premium?
  14. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Both, i.e if i was too take out a new policy aswell today!

If i was in a car my insurance would be less, but van is expensive as "young drivers cant drive vans well" is what insurer told me! Got to love that line!

Im deffo not moaning, just seems odd to go up by so little. A friend got nabbed at 35 in 30 and 3 points, hes insurance (35 years old) went from 400PY to 700PY!!!!
  15. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty good then. My points come off the insurance 5 year thingy this year so mine should drop a bit.