Speaker setup for MacBook Pro?

Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good audio speaker setup to run on a MacBook Pro? Need to hear some tunes loud and clear whilst working!

depends on the budget. you'll get a decent set of harman kardon speakers that will belt out a nice boomy sound for under £50.

I have Creature Speakers but have had the sound sticks in the past....realy good sound...very loud.

up to 11 and beyond....

There's definitely some food for thought here.

Has anyone had the Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks setup with the glowing woofer that looks like a jelly fish? It looks kind of neat, I wonder how it performs...

Seen em - they do look slick but are proper dust magnets!!!

Not really heard em at a great volume but you can't go wrong with Harmon Kardon at all - shop around for em though.

Yup, I had the Sound Sticks 2. A thing of beauty and the sound output is tops.
The sub really pumps it out. There's a volume control on one of the sats. Looks cool with the blue light too. The sound can easily fill a room...and more!
The wife was always complaining about the bass upstairs.....her tea cup was like that scene from Jurassic Park.....

I have the JBL creatures now and they are good also.

We all get goose bumps when the bassline thumps. Getting excited now, need the weekend to dwell on it me thinks.

Cheers guys.

last time I checked JBL and Harmon Kardon are the same company, just different trade names for different price brackets

Buy THIS!

500xl-giant-headphone-speakers.jpg

:clap:(nod)

Levi said:
last time I checked JBL and Harmon Kardon are the same company, just different trade names for different price brackets
That's right Levi...for the cheaper price the Creatures are great.
It's up to you if you want to spend £150 on the Sound Sticks.

I think the Sound Sticks have the edge on sound and looks.

(large headphone speakers are not an option.)

Back