Spanish briton: New Portfolio 2009

Hubee

Hi guys!

I've just finished my new portfolio and I wanted to intruduce it to you. Comments about website and works are very welcome!

http://www.chantikone.com

The portfolio is a modified Wordpress, I'm happy not to have to disturb the programmer every single time I have to add or edit a proyect :)

Cheers,
Javi

Not sure the site really sells any of the work - I understand the simplicity of it but I dont think others will. Not convinced by the web work and its not really displayed in a very interesting way - if your going to use a browser skin at least pick one thats visually nice.

These two stood out for me, hands down.
1.jpg

1.jpg

I'm with bren, its clean and simple, but perhaps too simple. There is room for some flash and flare.

Hi Javier,

I agree with the above posts. I love mimimalism, but it's just a tad too simple for me. Your work on the other hand really stands out to me. I looked through all of your projects, and I really like your style. I particularly like some of your logotypes. Great work overall imho. :up:

Thanks,
Soren

The sub navigation (to switch between logos etc.) wasn't obvious to me at first, I overlooked it and thought you only had one project to display. I also overlooked the links to switch between different images of the same project. I'm thinking you should move the subnav at the top down into a sidebar on the right, it'll definitely make it more interesting and much more difficult to overlook.

And welcome to DF

Dont put anything else in.

It will take it away from the work. . . So I think the website is actually great.

(please no flash dude, loading bars flying shapes???Boring. . . .)

But maybe the guys are correct by saying it does need something else of interest. But I think it should be as simple as working on your art direction when presenting work on web.

First Print everything out as it should be. Then Photograph it well then stick it back on the web, but think what you want to use for background . . . a gray or white or black etc . . .

www.nodaysoff.co.uk

Check some of the print and identity work out and how it is displayed. Specially the posters.

Also that word "Logos" is a bit student. Use identities and show a case study of your 3 favorite. So the log is 1. then how it is applied 2. maybe even the idea behind it/development adds a certain charm when done right. Then have the rest of the identities on one sheet.

Anyway, its great and clean and your work does the talking. Spot on.

Onartis said:
The sub navigation (to switch between logos etc.) wasn't obvious to me at first, I overlooked it and thought you only had one project to display. I also overlooked the links to switch between different images of the same project. I'm thinking you should move the subnav at the top down into a sidebar on the right, it'll definitely make it more interesting and much more difficult to overlook.

And welcome to DF

I did the same thing - and we're all web "savvy" so image what average computer user Dave is going to end up looking at.

13faces your just not quite right :)

br3n said:
I did the same thing - and we're all web "savvy" so image what average computer user Dave is going to end up looking at.

13faces your just not quite right :)
Remember, there is no right or wrong dude . . .

His work benefits the clean look. You picked a blog style were as he is going swiss - ish, different styles of work equals to two different sites.

But about the art direction, (again) presentation is key. Having just a digital file, on a white backgoung or worse still fake drop shadows, doesnt cut it im afraid . . . lacks personality and finish.

And you are selling the work remember??? Not the website around it. Priorities my friend!!!

br3n said:
There is a right and wrong. its just hard to define.

True.

The world is divided into Black or White, Yes or No, RIght or Wrong, Go or Stop. Their is no colour in the spectrum called grey. The subjective stuff in-between is nothing but indicision and lack of knowledge. BBBOL

I went to the site and the first thing I thought was, why is there stuff from NASA here, wheres the bit about the author of the site, I eventually click on the name where there is info about the author of the site - not the best approach in my opinion.

As to the portfolio, its very left orientated and the sub links are not obvious as mentioned, I thought the next took it to the next part of the portfolio not another image.
I'm also of the view its too white (and I'm the last person to really be saying this as I've currently got a very white site)
I was also expecting the images to be bigger, they just seemed tiny in relation to the site.

ps - I'm of the view that 13faces isn't quite right too :)

Back