Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sounds systems for mac

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by philjohns, Nov 23, 2009.

1. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Ok - so Im not exactly the most regular member of this place but I try to do my best when im not busy...

Anyway, Im trying to put together a decent sound system that I can play my itunes through via my mac... at the moment it goes like this...

Mac > Amp > Speakers

Ive seen for sale somewhere that I cannot remember a small control unit made specifically to connect a mac to an amp but it comes with a programme and lets you controll bass, treble etc your different outputs etc.

Havent a clu what its called but ide recognise it - ive got a feeling their branding is red/charcoal like...

Any help or other ideas on makinga decent sound system for my mac/bedroom would be great.

2. tim

tim Senior Member

fail blog

(dot borg)
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

fail blog

(dot org)
  4. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

the quick reply is appreciated, but i should have explained.

Im looking for a unit that will go inbetween my mac and amplifier to give me more control of outputs etc....i know its out there - im just un sure of its name...
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

fail blog

(dot org)
  6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

lol Tim dont like the sound of this thread! Are you nwanting a device for sound control or is it a total new system you are wanting.
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

nah i posted the wrong info (read the thread wrong)

so i edited my posts
  8. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Ive basically got two options - one is more expensive than the other.

The first is to just get a device to go between my current amp and mac for sound control as you put it, and the second would be to get a new amp all together... alot more expensive though i imagine
  9. charles

charles Senior Member

what kind of control do you need?

like an eq?
  10. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Yeh, i want extended equaliser controlls. Plus, this unit that ive seen before had these on it plus the ability to fade between two tracks using an internal program - almost like a mini mixer....
  11. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Found it...i think

This is one of the products i saw

M-AUDIO - Torq MixLab - Digital DJ System

That would I KNOW would allow me to cross fade tracks together. Am i right in saying it allows me to adjust bass, mid range and treble too?

Cheers, guys