Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soren goes to Bollywood

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Aarlev, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I'll be going to India for a 5 week trip on the 4th of April and will be returning on the 7th of May. So I won't be around the forums during that time (although I might log on a few times just to make sure Tim is behaving himself :)). Anyways just thought I'd let you know :)

Don't miss me too much. :p
  2. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I'm missing you already :cry:

Have fun :D
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

Ahh... you're thinking of me... even when you'll be on holiday!

have fun tho! being as you have money... how's £400 for a return ticket to JFK?!
  4. Have a great time Soren, if you're off to Bollywood will you make a film in a Bollywood style? That would be so awesome :)
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Great stuff Soren, sure you'll have an excellent trip, will be looking forward to seeing all your photos of India on Flickr when you're back! :)
  6. berry

berry Active Member

post us a pix of a decent curry
  7. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Cheers guys!

@Tim: You're always in my thoughts Tim :love: :). 400£ is expensive for a NY flight no? And I haven't got much money tbh.Spent 380£ on the flights and I'm only bringing 500£ with me. So it's quite the budget trip. Gonna skank it in cheap guesthouses and live off dodgy curries (although Indian Curries in the UK are probably dodgier than a curry from a street stall in India) :)

@Xenonsoft: Aww..Don't worry, I'll be back again soon :)

@Berry: Will do. Any particular curry you'd like a picture of? :)
  8. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Who the hell is Soren? :blink:

j/k - Have fun in India, I'll try to find you on Google Earth. Taj Mahal is India, right?
    PS: 5 weeks is loooong -.-
  9. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Not long enough :)

Yep Taj Mahal is in India.

I'm off tomorrow so I'll see you in 5 weeks!
  10. tim

tim Senior Member

Don't gooo!!!
  11. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Enjoy :D ..............
  12. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hey folks!

I just got back from India so the party is over :)

It sucks being back at work but I had a fantastic time. Will post up some photos soon.
  13. tim

tim Senior Member

Welcome back! :D How many threads does it say you've missed? :p
  14. Welcome back Soren :) How was Bollywood :D
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome back Soren!
    How was it? Bet you had an amazing time?
  16. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Yeah it was really great. Very intense and trying at times (Indian Bureaucracy has to be experienced to be believed, and standing up for 10 hours on a train on 3rd class just outside the toilet is just not that much fun at all :)) but definitely a fantastic experience. A lot of touts and hassle around the main backpacker ghettos, but as soon as you get away from them the people are wonderful and super friendly. Very diverse and varied as well. Great beaches, mountains, deserts, everything really.

And dirt cheap! Meals cost me 50p on average and I got nice clean rooms with own shower for about £1.50 a night! So I basically lived like a king for a tenner a day haha. Definitely going back there to see the North as well.
  17. nice one Soren :) sounds like an amazing experience :D