Something I'm working on...

mrp2049

SleeveLayout-DW8copy.jpg

this is the beginning stages of some cover art I am working on, is it too complicated?

I will save a few versions with and without parts to get a few opinions.

Also, any thoughts on how to colour it?

NB: large space on the left is for the tracklisting

EDIT:

version 2 - less around the middle

SleeveLayout-DW9copy.jpg

EDIT

version 3 - simple inside the shield

SleeveLayout-DW11copy.jpg

EDIT

version 4 - vector traced version

SleeveLayout-DW7copy.jpg

EDIT

version 5 - quick colour

SleeveLayout-DW12copy.jpg

version 6 - more colouring and texture

SleeveLayout-DW14copy.jpg

trying to make it more like a parchment, however this has been done to death, so I don't really like it already

version 7 - now this I really like

SleeveLayout-DW15copy.jpg

EDIT

version 8 - this is looking close to done

SleeveLayout-DW17copy.jpg

PS This wasn't meant to be a walkthrough a piece I'm working on, but has ended up being so. This is what happens when you get carried away! I'm going to stop now, because I need to here back from the client.

Bit too much texture on V8 imho. Takes away from the main artwork I think. Really love V7!

Perhaps work a bit more on the 'Mike Borgia' text in V8. Looks a bit too simplistic compared to the rest maybe? Could be overkill if you added more to it as well I guess. Looks ace overall! Superb work as usual Mike! :up:

just heard back from the client, mike borgia (shockingly enough) and he said much the same, but he prefers the colour of version 5.

He suggested band name on the back, which I can really dig! As it gives complete priority to the artwork!

Thanks for the kind words dear boy!

SleeveLayout-DW20copy.jpg

been working on something else for most of today, but this is todays update after feedback from client.

I can't decide whether the band name needs to be bigger, I've based it on the inside page of a book from 1870 that is on my desk.

SleeveLayout-DW22copy.jpg

I tried it, I dont think it is better than the one above....

stupid germanic alphabet from the 1800's.

SleeveLayout-DW23copy.jpg

this looks likely to be it!

the space at the bottom right is for other info I don't have yet.

I hope you have enjoyed my process.

Back