Some Constructive Criticism Please Guys

andyp2010

Hi there,

I'm starting my own business soon and I'm having a dabble at doing the graphics/corporate identity myself. I've got a basic idea down for the logo & colour scheme although advice from professionals such as your good selves would be very much appreciated. As you can tell it's for a cleaning company. See what you think, please be constructive.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

cleaning fairies6.jpg

I've seen far worse! One problem you might have - the fairy...is she an original or have you downloaded her off the web or is she clip art? You could hit a problem with copyright.

First glance don't really think the fairy will work reduced down or reversed out. And the text read... Let us work the cleaning fairies our magic. Id look at the different aspects of a fairy you could use for example the wings or the wand.

I would agree that you'd need to be very careful about the copyright issues of the fairy. Again it's the not the worst logo ever but when it's small it's pretty illegible. Play around with other ideas, in other words don't limit yourself to "right, I have thought this up, that's going to be my logo". By experimenting you'll end up with a better final result.

Kate - I've been wondering this too, its not something I'm familiar with. I paid for it from a website for vectors, not a lot though. On reading what you're allowed to do with it it said non-exclusive rights to use it in logos and marketing or something to that effect. So I'm taking that as I can use it but so can anyone else who pays a bit for it. If you know anywhere where I could get something that would be 100% useable legally without infringing copyright that would be a bonus. That one just seemed perfect for it.

These are my first draft ideas for the job and yeah, I have got other ones i've come up with but this seems the most conjuct of the lot in terms of colour scheme and an identity.

The order in which it's read, is that how everyone else read it too? Let us work the cleaning fairies our magic? Corny tagline, also will be changed, more bothered about the clarity of the given message.

Reduces OK

Looks ok reduced to 150 pixels width in my browser - it all makes sense in terms of strap line - who is your target market, domestic or business?

seems a bit more legible and eyecatching with a coloured background (see above), the white seems to wash it out a bit much. The target will be domestic to begin with and based on the success of that moving on to commercial. It wont be in the uk.

edgy on the fairy copyright still.

cleaning fairies7.jpg

There is still far too much detail in the fairy, when reduced down wont work in my opinion, nor when reversed out. Attached are two examples of how i would personally approach this if you want to keep the fairy - less is more!
Think about how this will look on business cards, letterhead, invoice, fax etc... And bear in mind the size it will be on each throughout your branding.
Screen shot 2012-03-01 at 16.17.50.jpg

There is still far too much detail in the fairy, when reduced down wont work in my opinion, nor when reversed out. Attached are two examples of how i would personally approach this if you want to keep the fairy - less is more!
Think about how this will look on business cards, letterhead, invoice, fax etc... And bear in mind the size it will be on each throughout your branding.
View attachment 1224

In my opinion, this image IS more exciting and definitely caught my eye.

Nice work bro.

I think if you're envisaging a move to commerical business in the future then this logo is not going to be suitable

Back