Some advice on my new site

Psygon

I've been working on putting together a website for the tshirts that I've been selling on Red Bubble... in order to try and get more exposure and sell a few more shirts :)

I've probably been through about a dozen different designs so far but I've finally got one that I'm happy with but there's just one thing that's bugging me. The plan is to have three sections on the site. One for teeshirts, one for a blog and one for illustrations that dont get turned into tshirts and for some wallpapers I've made of the tshirt designs. But... I can't work out what to call it! At the moment I'm going with 'extras' but it feels non-descript. Anyone got any ideas on what I could call it instead - or do you think 'extras' works for something that is, effectivly, an extra section?! Or should I just split it in two and have an illustrations section and a wallpapers section?? I really can't decide :S

This is a page mockup for the homepage... it probably won't completly stay like this so if you have any other suggestions for ways to improve it before I start slicing and creating they are appreciated!!! :)

loving it! i can't really comment any further until it's up, but it looks great!

and i have absolutely no idea about names.. i'm only reasonably good with watching tele.

I like the site design, be good to see your ideas on the other pages too, as for the "extras" bit the only thing that comes to mind at the moment would be to call it "goodies" (maybe works better with the friendly feel of the site?) - I'll let you know if I have any other ideas

oooh, I like 'goodies' a lot more than 'extras'

Think I will flesh out the rest of the design using that instead - thanks!

I like the design and goodies sounds nice... probably wouldn't have come up with that myself :p

Looks nice Psygon, I think it would be cool to see a few more icons in action on your homepage, so maybe a small icon next to 'Top Teeshirts', one next to 'Icon Forever Blog' and maybe even one for the favourite of the week. Also thought it might be nice to have some cool little blue buttons/badges for the buy links and the download a wallpaper links, just to add a bit more interest to those content areas.

HTH :)
Greg

EDIT- Also might be worth rounding off the bottom corners of the content boxes at the bottom & reducing the height of the footer, unless there's something else planned for that area?

PS- Goodies sounds cool!

Greg said:
Looks nice Psygon, I think it would be cool to see a few more icons in action on your homepage, so maybe a small icon next to 'Top Teeshirts', one next to 'Icon Forever Blog' and maybe even one for the favourite of the week. Also thought it might be nice to have some cool little blue buttons/badges for the buy links and the download a wallpaper links, just to add a bit more interest to those content areas.

heh! The plan is to have icons in those spaces... I spent this afternoon sketching out and finishing off some ideas for them :)

EDIT- Also might be worth rounding off the bottom corners of the content boxes at the bottom & reducing the height of the footer, unless there's something else planned for that area?

Yeah originally I had rounded corners, then I took them out, then I put them back and then I took them out again... maybe I'll try with them in again.

As for the footer... sure there was a reason I made that so big but for the life of me I can't actually remember :S Hopefully it's buried somewhere in the scraps of paper I like to think of as my plan ;)

Back