Sochi 2014 Infographic

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Hi guys, wanted to know what you all thought of my new infographic :) You can see the blog article here: http://www.printsome.com/blog/2014/sochi-2014-infographic-breaking-biggest-olympics/

Sochi 2014 - Looking back at the world's most expensive Olympic Games. At £31 billion, you've got to wonder where it all went and what Russia actually got for their money.

sochi2014.png

So Russia have some spare cash and don't know what to do with it.

Firstly they over spend on the Olympics... secondly, they start a war with Ukraine.

What's next?

Edit: As for the design, good work I do like it :)

Thanks guys :) You should read it gcol :D

Alex, it's hard to know what's real and what isn't in the world of media. I discovered that during Sochi 2014 the US press were on over time to try and discredit Russia in any way possible. I know, it came as a huge surprise to me too. Anyway, a US tv chat show host called Jimmy Kimmel figured this out before most people and decided that he would set up a small replica of the athletes hotel and have a trained wolf wander around the halls. He recorded the video, making it look like a wolf was on the prowl with the video being taken from behind an almost closed door.

He then sent the video to one of the athletes and they posted it on their twitter account, and everyone was like "Oh my god...! wolves on the loose in Russia...!" and the US press went crazy over it all. Then Jimmy told everyone how he did it, hahaha.

It seems like the people in charge of decided what is and isn't news are very easy to mislead! For all we know it could be Ukraine invading Russia with Russia unable to do anything for fear of being invaded by the US and EU - apparently the military budget of the US dwarfs pretty much every other nation, combined - I'm not saying that's the case, but who knows? It does feel a lot like we're being told to think that Russia just goes around invading everyone, but then maybe they do... I don't know :(

Back