Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So. Who's seen the new EAT logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by bungle1977, Nov 21, 2012.

1. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

2. DigitalYak

DigitalYak Member

wow - that's exceptionaly boring - I wonder how much they paid for it

3. SDGSteve

SDGSteve New Member

Bland and derivative, how many thousands of websites, blogs and student portfolios have this look? It was fresh two years ago, total fail. Wish I could land some of these contracts, charge tens of thousands and churn out any old crap.

4. TDesignCo

TDesignCo Member

Its OK, but not very exciting and very understated in my opinion

5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

It just looks like everything else. Burger King have been adapting something similar (albeit with a different colour palette) for a few years now. Not a fan.

6. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Ditto. It's watered down what was a really strong brand. Shite.

7. This is a prime example of a scenario where an intimidating board of directors tell their marketing team; "make our stuff look like [insert mainstream, well known brand here]" and the marketing team & designers don't have the backbone to stand up and challenge that terrible decision, which is; copying other brands in an attempt to meet a fashion trend! A real pet hate of mine.

8. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

you call that a logo?

9. Tash

Tash Member

.... looks like my local Pret - bit samey... what was wrong with 'EAT'? why did it even need the 'just' stuck in front of it?!.... money down the drain on that one methinks. :icon_confused: