Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow in the UK

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by solopressuk, Dec 5, 2012.

1. solopressuk

solopressuk Member

The snow hit Essex without warning overnight and I thought it might be cool to see if it was snowing in anyone else's towns? So if you fancy having a bit of fun I've attached a photo of my snowy scene of the morning. Add yours to the thread :)

Attached Files:

2. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Just got sun, clouds and rain down here in Worthing : / We never get snow... (but when we do get snow everyone will be moaning that they can't stand the snow after a day or so..!)

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

bright but cold sun here....

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I don't think there's anything worse than cold sun. I mean, a tsunami's not great, but a cold sun sets you up with so many false expectations :(

5. Levi

yeah, it's so bright that you need sunglasses, but as soon as you try going outside in normal clothes you go running back in to wrap up for winter lol

6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'm in Newcastle. We have snow, but it's more realistic to see it as the precursor to weeks and weeks of treacherous ICE.

7. Levi

we had a small snow shower last night... added a thin layer of snow (think 1 snowflake thick) onto the ground which had turned into a nice sheet of ice by the morning, this is when I love working from home, I don't need to venture out into the cold lol

8. tim

tim Senior Member

i'm in south-east london and there is no snow but it's unbelievably cold right now.

9. graphicscove

graphicscove Member

I agree, I like snow, looks great and all.. But I always see it as an accident waiting to happen. You can't get anywhere when it turns to ice so I'd rather just not have the snow. None here outside west London yet and I hope it stays like that for a while!

10. davewill

davewill Senior Member

none in liverpool... yet
    (fingers crossed!)

11. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Well, I do think next week is possibility for all of us... looking to the East with these Siberian winds about to hit us :D

12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Snow gone in Newcastle for a few days now. Frosty last night though, and slippy!