Small Magazine for print - Photoshop & InDesign?

kjones86

Hi, everybody

I hope this doesn't sound to stupid but...

I'm looking to publish a small magazine in my area and wanted to know if photoshop cs3 and Indesign would be the right software tools to do the job from start to finish? I have Photoshop cs3 already for graphics etc but need something other then publisher (something designed for the colaberation job) would Indesign be it? I know it may seem straight forward but with so much software out there, and not ever having designed a small mag publication for print, I'm a little unsure about the software need to put it all together ready for print.

Many thanks
Kyle

Correct.

In-design is the correct software to use. But there is a lot to learn so maybe have a google search of the basics of magazine design.

I.e. Image Resolution, Cmyk images, layout, baseline grids.

Good luck, any questions just ask us and if you need to use someone to print them, then just drop us a line at:

[email protected]

Thank you for your replys, it looks like I'm on the right track, and I will research into all the printers needs.

Thanks
Kyle

Cool! Good luck with the designs. Any help just ask.
Let me know if you require a printing estimate.

Cool! Good luck with the designs. Any help just ask.
Let me know if you require a printing estimate.

I'm going to see a printer local to me to talk a little about my project and to see if we can agree on price and quality (I will have to show him certain things I require, ex catolouges etc as I'm not a pro), but an estamate at this stage wouldn't hurt. I'm not yet 100% on details yet, as a start up business posts are always changing, but i will send you an email outlining as much as i can, if you dont mind... it would give me some idea, and possibley another print company.

Okay great I look forward to receiving your email. We'll have a quote with you as soon as.

We also offer a full range of services to help businesses like yourself get off the ground.

I.e. Corporate I.D, Stationery, Marketing Literature. Marketing Solutions, Websites, Advertising etc.

Hi KJ,

Happy also to provide a quotation if required. Feel free to email the specification that you have.

Best wishes - exciting times!

Peter

Back