Small Image Issue

RossAdams

If any help can be provided it would be appreciated. Probably me doing something daft but I've tried to add some small icons to my sidebar but they seem to have a grey background. The Icons are PNG files and have no background on them?

Using dreamweaver CS4

Is the error still there when you preview it in FF3 or Safari 4 or IE7/8 ? Normally, DW would do that for me until I pressed preview.

you did tick transparent backgrounds before (in photoshop) exporting to web png didn't you :)

Second does the browser actually support png transparency (most new ones should but ie6 doesn't :()

Levi said:
you did tick transparent backgrounds before (in photoshop) exporting to web png didn't you :)

Second does the browser actually support png transparency (most new ones should but ie6 doesn't :()

I was thinking the tick box as well... try a transparent gif just to see if it works?

The icons still have the grey background when viewing it in my browser, they definitely have a transparent background. Is it not possible to import a PNG image file without dreamweaver adding a background?

Or is it possible for me to change to grey it currently displays to the colour of the page background so it isn't seen.

Surely it must be possible to add an icon without dreamweaver adding a background to it??

glenwheeler said:
Why cant you add a background colour to the file just in photoshop? and save it as a Jpeg or GIF?

I think i'll have to, just can't believe that you can't import a image file and it not display the transparent background??

you can (and I have), but you have to tick a box that says transparent background (atleast I do in photoshop) when you export for web.

Have you tried the gif option as suggested too.

Err... probably shouldn't blame Dreamweaver. Something went wrong while saving, try flattening your layers and resave (might want to back-up the psd so you still have the layers afterwards).

Back