Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slumdog Millionaire

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Aarlev, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Anyone else who thinks this movie is overrated? Personally I was very disappointed after watching it in the Cinema the other day. I love Danny Boyle movies and had high expectations for this after reading numerous positive reviews.

First of all I hated that they speak English throughout the movie. There are no English language gameshows in India, and since when can uneducated kids from the slums of Mumbai speak grammatically correct English? Surely Danny could have found some great Indian Bollywood actors? What's even more strange is that in the beginning some of the characters speak Indian and you have English subs. Why do they suddenly switch over?

**Spoiler Alert**

The ending was also very weird I think. Just after he wins all the money he goes to sit at the train station to wait for the girl and there's not a soul around. Surely he would have been surrounded by press? You'd think that a poor kid from the slums winning a massive amount of money would be a pretty big deal in India.

It was a decent movie but it doesn't deserve 4 Golden Globes in my opinion.
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Haven't had chance to see it yet, might wait for it to come out onto DVD and rent it I think.
    Going to watch Seven Pounds tonight, hoping it's as good as the reviews I've read make it out to be!
  3. berry

berry Active Member

Same thing happens in the Hunt for Red October. Sean Connery and company spend the first 15 minutes speaking in subtitled Russian then halfway through a dinner conversation on the submarine they morph into English ( or broad Scottish in Sean's case!)
  4. brandmantra

brandmantra Junior Member

the discussion about this film in different media and forums is already create an interest among the people and I'm not an exception.
  5. berry

berry Active Member

I did enjoy the film, but it is flawed. I did think the 'final question' was really easy. In the UK Chris Tarrent would have asked the atomic weight of Plutonium or how many species of insects live in the Australian Outback?
    Can I have my Million now?