Sliding Text?

Hi,

wow, didnt realise it would be quite as complexed as this, I think I must have been rather naive by thinking its was similar to adding an image. Just a quick note is the process the same for animated text as I am not sure if this is infact considered a movie. And also where abouts in the website directory would the flash file need to be stored?

Thanks all

That whole site is a good example of bad code though, so be careful where you draw your inspiration from…

the top of it is a flash movie that is placed in a table.. not really very good.. there are better sites around.. go and have a look at smashing magazine for inspiration :)

In my opinion, if you're not sure whether to have flash, or how to incorporate it you should consider going back and thinking about what you can do. If you try to do various things you can't do, the outcome could look jumbled and unprofessional.

Have you thought about drawing out (physically, pencil and paper) what your website structure is? Do you need to have this text gliding in from one side, what will it offer? If you think it will offer a nice aesthetic quality, you'd be right, but if you've not idea how to implement it, it's not likely to look good anyway.

I wouldn't bat above your worth - learn about the things you're interested in, and by all means experiment with them, but don't run into a project without knowing what you're doing with it.

use Jquery or any other javascript library. This way it will be more SEO friendly. Google a bit and u'll find some very good scripts to do what u r trying to do with flash.

Back