Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleepless in DF...........

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by WEBIAN, Aug 2, 2011.

WEBIAN Senior Member

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone of you, who works during the night very often, find it difficult to get back to UK hours. Any tips? Thanks.

2. DWildish

DWildish Member

3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I don't necessarily work during the night but I don't have much problems with my sleeping rhythm.
  4. I usually end up working till about 7pm.. after that its more of a social visit :p
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'm a bit more fluid with my working 'schedule'. I seem to work better at night usually, it's likely due to it being cooler, quieter and usually less distractions, for some reason I'm usually more creative and have that 'killer' idea just before bed too. Preferring to work at night doesn't mean I don't work during the day though, I just don't try and force myself to work if I don't feel 'in the mood'. I know I'll spend more time redoing the work later in the day/night if I'm not fully into it.

I'm also quite lucky that I can get away with about 5 hours sleep a night during Monday to Friday as long as I compensate with Sat/Sunday having say 10 hours each night as this normally 'resets' my body clock :)
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I have a similar sleep pattern to Levi when I'm working, but at the moment I'm sleeping when I need to as I have a fair bit on and I don't start my new job yet.

WEBIAN Senior Member

Like Levi I seem to work better at night. Generally I stay awake until 2 / 3 am when I work on my own, but recently I had to work during the night - going to sleep at 9 am and waking up in the evening – and the strange thing is: it seems that my body has preferred those hours. The problem is that you don’t get many shops, offices and similar which are open at night, otherwise I wouldn’t mind…

… anyway yesterday a friend gave me some melatonin tablets and I tried one immediately. The amazing thing is it has worked. Well, at least it looks so.

I thought I’d share this even it’s a bit early to evaluate it because the experience has been quite nice, e.i. I got a lot of thoughts including inspirational ones. Let’s see, in a week or so, if it’s been a coincidence or it actually works.
  8. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

easy solution - online shopping and american (or further) customers :)
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I do most of my shopping online when I'm working in the day as I don't want to go into town on a Saturday, when I'm on nights I tend to get up around 2pm-ish and do my shopping whilst most people are in school/work.
  10. WEBIAN

WEBIAN Senior Member

I shop online a lot, but I may need to do things like renting a room, speak in person to someone etc. Perhaps in one or two years more people will opt for the night – which makes sense for the environment too – and it will be really possible to chose the hours we want; perhaps change them every now and then to suit are taste, but there will always be the possibility to do what one needs to. Anyway today is the second time I used melatonin and I can see the effects. I’m surprised as I thought one needed a couple of weeks to appreciate them.