skippin college

tim said:
good thing about mobileme- it tells me all the aperture/iso info if i click the 'i"!
thats the exif data, most slr support that these days and it's handy for recording decent settings for certain effects too :)

I quite liked the plane shot where it was dead centre facing you, with a bit of cropping that could be a nice picture :up:

Nice photo's mate, some good shots going on there..

I really need to sit down and take a look @ mobile me, I bout it and have never got round to using it properly however the contacts syncing thing was a bitch, it messed up my phone a bit!

glenwheeler said:
Nice photo's mate, some good shots going on there..

I really need to sit down and take a look @ mobile me, I bout it and have never got round to using it properly however the contacts syncing thing was a bitch, it messed up my phone a bit!

yeah it happened to me to - just go

settings > mail, contacts, calendars > (click on mobile me account) > contacts OFF > contacts ON

that should fix it.

i love the whole 380/777/340 scene.

not in a plane spotter way, but ill know if i see one.

hey look, all I can see of the planes that fly over mine are the shapes, I can't see the variations so I just go with things likeHervules, Chinook (plenty of them go by), Tornado (we have/had more than one type), harrier jump jet, sea king, apache, lynx and the eurofighter occasionally. We've also got some yank ones too, got to love being near marham :).

My favorite is the one with the person walking with their dog:) And still so much snow there! Do you live near that airport? I kind of know what its like, only at the moment, my apartment is right next to a city transit bus stop so I hear them go by, all day, every day. Not as loud as a jet of course! However, it must be the sound frequency or something, it causes a just perceptible vibration to the apartment when they change gears to go around a sharp curve.

Sorry to be picky but its actual name in RAF service is Typhoon 2.

Waste of money and not much use but pretty anyways.

tim said:
YOUVE HAD THE EUROFIGHTER OVER YOUR HOUSE!??!?

whaaaaaaaaat!?

yep, I was pretty surprised by it myself, I was like thats a eurofighter (typhoon) and it was with another one.

I'm near 'the wash' (its the indent of water above norfolk) and theres a bombing run where they do practice runs. Military craft are pretty common site overhead. Old house had tornado's running at under the official 200m minimum height, sometimes literally just above the tree tops. I also have the queens royal estate (sandringham) 15 mins away's so the odd flyby for them too.

Apaches, harriers, sea kings (red/white and yellow ones) and chinooks are seen pretty much at least once a month, a friend of the family has a son that flies chinooks and they've 'dropped' him off nearby too.

You've got the regular supply plane from america and we've also had the old american nuke bomber (long thin with 4 turbines - edit b52) stop off at marham while enroute elsewhere.

I can watch the run in for most of the aircraft going to marham as it basically runs parallel to my house. Strangely it's pretty quiet where I live most of the time too, you just get the odd jet engine depending on the route they're taking and the noise from the helicopters rotor blades (they seem bleeding noisy).

Had spitfires, lancaster bomber, hurricanes (bit rusty on old planes), vulcan, awacs, red arrows - all sorts go over this village during special occassions. Admittedly some are fairly high up in the sky but they are planes :)

8 engines on a B52 Levi....

Sounds like a great place to live. I used to live near Boscombe Down in Wiltshire.
Lots of goodies in the air there.

4 doubles, so its four engines from my viewpoint :)

Me and Queenie are like that :)
she comes in handy for getting the fancy stuff to fly over :)

well you can now add a US black hawk helicopter (like this) fly by at minimum flight height about 500m's away.

Compared with the noise an apache makes, it's damned quiet too :)

Back