Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by allyally2k, Oct 21, 2009.

1. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Anyone like skiing? I want to go early next year, never been before... can't decide where to go. Fancy Canada. Anyone know the best time to book? :)
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Always wanted to do sking, never got round to it ever...i will one day! and i cant wait
  3. I used to snowboard in New Zealand a bit.. not done it for ages.. going to do some lessons to relearn sometime next year :D
  4. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Skiing :down: Snowboarding :up: lol just kidding, I've been snowboarding for 15 years so have grown up with the whole skiers hating us snowboarders thing.

The best time to go would be between late December and March, you'd get the best snow then. If you left it towards the end of the season (April, May) chances are the slopes would be quieter and the sun will be out but then the snow might not be as good.

This site might help you out, loads of info on loads of resorts including what percentage of the runs are good for beginners, expert etc

Ski & Snow Report, Ski Deals, Skiing Reviews | OnTheSnow
  5. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

A lot of my mates at my soon to be old place of work go skiing in Poland around march time, they have been 2-3years running now and all say its very very good and cheap!
  6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Im going to Bulgaria in Jan, really cheap and looks really good.

Otherwise been in canada and loved it, boarding > skiing :p
  7. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Thanks for the link Anon! So have you ever Skied? I mean I would do either Snowboard or Ski, I just presumed you would have to ski before you could snowboard?! Yeah i'm thinking maybe Jan - March whenever's the best deal!
  8. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Yeah I skied for a good few years before I started snowboarding. I'd say it's easier to get the hang of snowboarding if you haven't skied before though. Both are good fun though so I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself whichever you do.

If you want good deals you should look into going somewhere in Europe - places that you don't initially associate with ski trips (Bulgaria as Br3n mentioned) are usually great fun but still pretty cheap.

If you go to Canada and get good snow nothing will ever compare! Except maybe Alaska or Japan.
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Rob Barker = Extreme Machine!!!
  10. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

lol, I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie :p
  11. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Theyre actually really different and I cant see learning to ski being much/if any of an advantage when learning to board. perhaps only because your familiar with snow/ice and the feeling?