Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sketch pad

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by TomStutt, Jan 25, 2010.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

I want to get a really nice sketch pad. Not some crappy one.

Anyone know of any?
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

moleskine type should cover you - they're kind of the defacto designer skechpad
  3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Mines a Goldline Spiral Sketch book with 150gsm paper. Quite nice to sketch in.

Like that all the pages can lie 'flat' on the worktop too because it's a spiral.

But I agree moleskines are where it's at for the look and are amazing quality (it would seem)
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I just use standard a4 printer paper.

I have some moleskin pants however.
  5. Levi

I'll admit I'm probably as bad as typo on the paper (haven't got the moleskin pants .... yet :p). My printer is right by where I work so I normally just pull out a sheet from there and then end up with a nice stack of pages by the time I'm done. I've even got sketchbooks for sketching/notes etc and they just never seem to get used. I also seemed to like using those 2-3" square paper stacks, they seemed to go down pretty quickly.
  6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Ditto, I've always been one of the cheap paper offenders, even at uni.

Tutor: "Oh yes you simply must have lovely lovely expensive lovely paper to... scribble on. Student budget? What? I have a Doctorate and I care little for your pithy little financial limitations. Muahahaa!"

To be honest most of the things I finish off get scanned anyway so the original scribble surface becomes irrelevant. Or an elephant. One of the two.
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

8. Thewholehogg

OH YESSS.....How much?
  9. tim

tim Senior Member

not announced in UK yet but $499 for 16GB wifi in US.
  10. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

This is what my mother needs instead of an iBook. Fantastic device!

Couldn't justify a purchase for myself though, my iMac & iPod Touch have got most of the iPad's functions covered. Brilliant product though. Good price too. The Mac currency converter says $499 = £309, win!
  11. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah exactly! :)
  12. Levi

+VAT and the 'UK' (delivery) tax
  13. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah we talked about that already in a diff thread levi ;)
  14. Levi

oh I thought this was a thread about sketch pads :p
  15. Thewholehogg

I only really use a proper sketch book when I'm using the old watercolours.
    Which to tell you the truth has been a while.

I am however doing a little project with local sights, so I may wip it out again in puplic.