Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skalp Logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by markthedesigner, May 22, 2013.

1. markthedesigner

markthedesigner New Member

Hey peeps.
    So I have a client who is needing a logo refresh. They have a service that tattoos the hair follicles for bald men/women so that it looks like they have a hairline.
    So the company name is skalp (yes with a K). it needs to look "male". Be bold. They are wondering if there is someway of creating the S with a bald head? but im lost for ideas.

I have attached the one they have. But i think we can get a bit more clever with it.

Attached Files:

2. Gianluca Teti

Gianluca Teti Member

I think the head coming from the S is a nice idea. Probably, it would work also using the letters' same color. This is your client's idea, right? Try to work on it and on something yours as well, so you can propose alternative concepts.
  3. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

How long have you been logo designing?
    shaunalynn likes this.
  4. balders

balders Member

Just reminds me of this place.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

um, no... [color=#ff0000;]you[/color] can get a bit more clever with it and we'll comment on your ideas
    GibbonIt likes this.
  6. Hey Mark, yeah the way it works around here really is that you need to come up with something, do the work and then bring it here for critique. We're not going to build your project for you :) Start by coming up with some different concepts for this idea, try the head in different places, try something other than hair, just try and be creative with it and then we'll tell you what is and isn't working :)
    Good luck!
  7. shaunalynn

shaunalynn Active Member

Just like everyone else said, WE aren't going to come up with something clever, YOU are.
    Now with that said, have you thought of a simple type treatment with a logomark above it, rather than trying to fit that strange toupe thing in there? Also, remove eyebrow, it read as a mistake to me at first glance, it doesn't help your composition at all. :)
    GibbonIt likes this.
  8. I thought that was his eye!
  9. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

At the minute their original logo looks like a swan that has been in an oil slick.
    GibbonIt likes this.