Sizing Questions for Sticker Design with Vector PDF Logo

Matt Birk

Hello, and thanks in advance.

I am tech savvy, just not graphic design savvy, and I am trying to help my father's company get stickers printed, but have some questions to ask. I have the logo in a vector PDF, but it's much bigger that the part I am trying to make a sticker from and I want to modify a tiny section of it. I can upload it here, but don't want to break any rules, and I don't mind learning.

1. How do I figure out what size the image I want is? May seem like a silly question, but when I go to sticker sites, I am asked for a size. It's hard to determine without skewing the image. Or the sites with the overlay where I can move it around, it always looks out of scale.

2. How can I pull out just part of the image, but keep it vector? Is that possible?

Thanks!
Matt

Upload the image here and we'll have a look. Vector software has pathfinder tools basically allowing you to cut out and invert shapes and such like.

Thanks for the reply. I uploaded them here because one of the files was too big to upload: https://m.imgur.com/a/11wpB

What I am looking to modify is the circle from where it says "St Louis Hot Sauce" and I just want it to be red/yellow.

What I plan on making stickers with is the red square with the "Red Hot Riplets hot Barbeque Fvaored Ridged Potato Chips"

I've also thought about using the banner, but I think once I know how to modify this image I can play around more.

Thanks again!
Matt

If the .pdf contains the vectors and not raster (pixel) images then it should be easy to pick apart using Illustrator (or another vector package).

Thanks Scotty.

So I've successfully been able to grab parks out of the original vector PDF.

Now my struggle is with knowing what size sticker to order so it's not skewed. Basically I want to keep the ratio. I guess I could just print it out in different possible sticker sizes and see which one is best fit.

Back