Site redesign

rgregory

Hi

I've created a visual for a website and wondered if you could offer any comments on the design? I have attached a visual. The area with the chart will use jQuery to slide through options for finding the required service.

Thanks in advance
Rachel

Attachments

• Vertu-Homepage-Idea-1.jpg
    Vertu-Homepage-Idea-1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 55
Hi Rachel,

In my honest opinion it's currently looking very squashed together... I would suggest spacing out the text a little. Perhaps try some line-height on the overall text on the design.

Again, this may be more of a personal preference but I think the logo is lost over on the right hand side of the header, I didn't realise what the company was called until I looked to the right so perhaps try the logo on the left, try a lighter shade there also and remove the drop shadow as it seems to make the logo look a little blurred. (Although this could be down to the jpg).

Is it me or is the site designed for an 800x600 screen? If it is, it would be a good idea to build it to a maximum of 980 which will give you the extra space that you need to create the less cluttered feel.

If I find anything else, I will surely post some more comments.

I hope you take these as constructive comments and not a picking fest.

Jonathan

Hi, i like that design, only thing i would add to it maybe size like jonathan said and also some page breaker in the middle text area so it stands out to the user :)

Back