Site name in logo

Mike

Hi all,

Im the first to admit that I am no designer so bear with me:up:

Im trying to have a go at creating a logo (its for myself) and just wanted to gage opinions,

Do you like to see logos with the name in it?

I have theFilmStore.net and for some reason .nets make me want to have it in the logo?!

any thoughts appreciated:clap:

depends what FilmStore is. is it purely online?
if so it works for these -

2lm4go1.gif

i remember seeing a logo for a cafe once called cafe.com and then they changed their name to "the Cafe" because they were taken to court by the person who legally owned cafe.com :lol:

Berry said:
depends what FilmStore is. is it purely online?
if so it works for these -

2lm4go1.gif

It is purely online yes

chrismitchell said:
i remember seeing a logo for a cafe once called cafe.com and then they changed their name to "the Cafe" because they were taken to court by the person who legally owned cafe.com :lol:
lol - thats classic!

I have done a logo design but im a bit embarrassed to put it up tbh as i fear its a little cliche! So i have gone back to the, erm, well drawing board

Hey Mike,

As it's only operating online I don't see any harm in having the web address in the logo, just keep the .net smaller than Film Store :)

...and the shark is circling!
I'm sure you'll get an honest and productive crit/review Mike..

Berry said:
Oh go on Mike! .........I haven't ate today!;)....

Blimey Berry... can't you just wait for the next spammer? :lol:

ok, here was attempt 1

tfs.jpg

Its not right i know, but i was looking towards the "grungey" look, as its something i havent ever done, but a look i do like...

be gentle...

erm, thanks :)

my other idea was like this...

tfs3.png

Not sure about the colours, but then i am CP4 colour blind ;)

how about putting the logo in the style of a DVD case or something like that.. or remake the logo in the style of loads of film titles, then you can just alternate it each time between 4 different designs LOL :)

thanks Chris,

My idea with that one was to go for an art house/grungy theme - inspired by the poster contest here,

ie

idea.gif

But now im not sure.

bah you designers are too good at this....

The old style ticket is not a million miles away from your second effort Mike, put that into the ticket shaping, add the little stars and lines and perhaps put 'THE' and '.NET' at each end running along the vertical?

old ticket would be cool as a simple logo! add some texture overlay to the text and you are away!

Back