Site in IE - Anyone??

bamme

Hi people

Not so long ago i posted about the following site and asked what it looked like in IE (as a mac user i dont have it..)

I got told here that it works fine in ie6, 7 and 8.. but have been told by my CLIENT it doesnt work! She has ie7, and its also wrong in ie8 apparently.

the things that are wrong are:
a) quick contact tab: is transparent in background
b) navigation menu - the heading at the top "CONTACT ME" has ended up on 2 lines .... CONTACT
ME

Can anyone help me out?
Its kinda urgent :S.. i cant even see whats wrong..my old laptop died on me. :(

Can you not run IE6, 7 and 8 in Bootcamp on a Mac? (Tim should be able to help you out here :))

It's very hard to determine exactly where the problem lies without seeing the code of your site. Can you provide us with some HTML/CSS, and a link/screenshot of the site in question?

emmaburge said:
Hi people
b) navigation menu - the heading at the top "CONTACT ME" has ended up on 2 lines ....

make a stylesheet/body class for ie. Then within it in the css for your menu letter-spacing:-1px; may sort it.

Like others have said we need a link if you want help...

ahh sorry guys didnt subscribe to this thread - thanks for the replies, and sorry it seemed to cut the link out - managed to fix this one, but for future does anyone know a resource that lists/explains general things to avoid/make sure of to ensure x-browser compliancy when it comes to page layout/styling?

Back