Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site advice

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by jamesdavidknight, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jamesdavidknight

jamesdavidknight New Member

Hi Guys
    I just finished a site, (I don't take credit for the code) but the concept and graphics where mine, I'm an IT Consultant definitely dont profess to be a graphic designer was just helping my dad out saving him some money,

I was hoping you might give some constructive criticism

Thanks
    James

KLS Care Ltd - Catering And Refrigeration Engineers

2. Crepston

Crepston Member

3. jamesdavidknight

..The site uses wordpress, Sorry should have mentioned that

Thanks
    James

4. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Couple of things I'd look at switching up to help the site. The email address, phone number etc. in the black on dark grey is a little hard to read. I'd suggest either lightening the text or the bar behind it. I'd also maybe look at relocating the list of services that sits directly below the menu. I had to look twice to find the navigation because it was distracting me. It's useful info to have a services list but maybe look at moving it. Hope that helps.

jamesdavidknight likes this.
  6. createmake

createmake New Member

+1

The site design is very poor. The graphics looked dated and old, lack of padding, lack of a clear grid. This is not a quality web design at all I"m afraid.

7. jamesdavidknight

Hi Createmake,
    Thanks for your feedback, as i mentioned I really don't work in graphic design, I was just doing my dad a favour, how ever as a professional in the IT field every aspect of IT interests me and i look to get better, when you say the graphics look dated in what respect? also what do you mean by lack of padding and clear grid?

Thanks
    James

8. createmake

createmake New Member

9. Edge

Edge Active Member

Try getting a theme from themeforest.net if you're struggling with the design.