Sishou - Four Beasts [KICKSTARTER LIVE]

alvinhy

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!
The deck has been launched on kickstarter now!
check it out here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alvinhy/sishou-four-beasts-playing-cards-printed-by-uspc
5_zps4cece0da.jpg

blue_zps065744ca.jpg

3_zps72578378.jpg

2_zps2c2e1b88.jpg

0_zps18930ecd.jpg

4_zpsc2d28f94.jpg

6_zps4f51ed82.jpg

Greg said:
Presumably there's something a bit different about 'Sishou' cards? A new game?
/edit - greg quotes broken, tried straight quote with button on forum and the /quote approach.... you have fixed the edit issue though :) /edit
Not from what I can see... after a google its on about the four beasts which is part of chinese mythology although pretty sure the term sishou is wrong but my chinese isn't great (wiki says it should be sì xiàng). From what is above and on other forums it's basically another set of cards with a different design aesthetic based around these four beasts....

Hey guys thanks for the reply. Its going on kickstarter because its printed by the United states playing card company same ones that do bicycle decks. The minimum run is 2,500 decks so i need the funding for that.
As for the name "Si Shou" is mandarin for four beasts and Si Xiang is mandarin for four symbols. Dont worry its correct as im chinese myself

I've moved this over to the Graphic Design Critique forum for you :)
I really like the designs. They're really intricate, they look great. I hope you get the funding for the project! Have you had any at all produced so far? Or are they Photoshop mockups?

@Tony, these are photoshop mockups. I will soon receive a sample deck from USPC. Im planning the launch date to be 13th of jan 2013

alvinhy said:
@Tony, these are photoshop mockups. I will soon receive a sample deck from USPC. Im planning the launch date to be 13th of jan 2013
Good stuff. When you get them through, get some pictures up so we can have a good look at the real deck? :)

They look good :) Hope you stick around the forum and show us what you make next!

The cards looks great, good luck with it. I hope it goes better than your last one.

Back