Simple text logo.

Milkand2Sugars

Hi,

I'm fairly new to making logo's and I simply wanted to make a simple but professional looking text logo. I've tried to make it look like a plaster effect, don't know whether I've pulled it off but here we go:

ff4lqg.png

What do you think? What can I improve on?

Thanks for lookin' and thanks in advance for your feedback.

Is it my eyes or an error or meant to be like it but is the Milk and Sugar duplicated and reversed/reflected over the top?

I was looking at it and thinking there's a watermark.

And the "*If you're not going to post constructive feedback, don't post at all, thanks." is quite insulting considering this forum is made up of mostly professional designers who help out for free.

Kudosis said:
Is it my eyes or an error or meant to be like it but is the Milk and Sugar duplicated and reversed/reflected over the top?

Yeah it is, I just thought it looked good.

Levi said:
I was looking at it and thinking there's a watermark.

And the "*If you're not going to post constructive feedback, don't post at all, thanks." is quite insulting considering this forum is made up of mostly professional designers who help out for free.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that.

BenJonesDesign said:
to be honest it would look fine without the reflection over it, it just confuses it.

I'll have a look and see what I think.

Greg said:
It's been duplicated then flipped vertically - not entirely sure on the thinking/reasoning behind that, Jake? As Levi says, it looks like a watermark rather than an intentional decision, or to communicate something extra.

Can you tell us what/who the logo is for? Presumably yourself - but for what business? What is the selling point of 'MilkAnd2Sugars'?

Thanks,
Greg

I just thought it looked good and Milkand2Sugars is just a personal username that I used, I don't know why lol. There isn't a business or anything behind it.

yeah, redesign, there's nothing memorable about it, it doesn't convey what the company does, the colours, although complimentary, don't enhance the logo.

And the overlay does nothing but confuse your audience. Imagine how it'll look reduced to fit on a buisness card.

Also, with a name like 'Milk & Two Sugars' which is clearly trying to be deliberately memorable, there are so many iconic options available to you playing on the phrase for a logo that does the same.

Back