Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple MP4s

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Andrew Beckett959, May 16, 2016.

1. Andrew Beckett959

Andrew Beckett959 New Member

Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. I'm currently working for a client who requires frequent pieces of graphic design for social media posts. I was hired as a graphic designer, but increasingly I've been asked to supply short animations. I had no real experience in this field, but as the animations were simple, I coped, using Photoshop's timeline and stop motion facilities. However, each subsequent animation is more complicated than the last, and now I'm spending half a day compiling frames in photoshop, when I know there are more appropriate programs out there. I need to learn how to tween etc.

What I'm asking is therefore, what would be the best package for me to learn? The animations I'm making usually involve photographic cutouts moving about the place, with spinning wheels etc. Mostly bitmap stuff.

Is After Effects good for this type of thing?

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

After Effects is exactly what you need. Once you get the hang of it, it's a great piece of kit.

Stationery Direct likes this.
  3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Another one for AE here.
    It's a bit of a learning curve but you can do some amazing stuff with it.

4. Andrew Beckett959

Andrew Beckett959 New Member

Brilliant. Just wanted to know a decent avenue to go down. Cheers guys.